Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blind question

So two of them, the land looks to be owned by someone, but the blinds are visibly below the high tide mark. Am I good to go?

Straight pm me

Shoot me a pm with ur cell number, ive hunted A lot of the coves, inlet, back river blinds from cromwell meadows down to great island, theres dozens of blinds, that are permanent on state land illegally but have been maintained for years by who knows? As long as ur there first no one can set up within 100 yds of u, even if you find a permanent blind and u set up three feet in front of it BEFORE someone else does, nobody can use that blind since ur set up first. Anyways shoot me a om and ill shoot u a message. Opening day is funny up here, ive showed up to spots where guys left notes or signs stating this is there spot, lol just laugh and set up. Make sure ur there early, bring lights to shine other hunters/boats, and i ALWAYS take a picture/video if im using a blind or the area to PROVE i am there first, plus its tim stamped. Always cover ur butt, and anyone gives u a hard time call 1800842HELP. Theres some great small holes off the ct river that are easy limits early season

Quote Originally Posted by cthonkerheaven View Post
    Shoot me a pm with ur cell number, ive hunted A lot of the coves, inlet, back river blinds from cromwell meadows down to great island, theres dozens of blinds, that are permanent on state land illegally but have been maintained for years by who knows? As long as ur there first no one can set up within 100 yds of u, even if you find a permanent blind and u set up three feet in front of it BEFORE someone else does, nobody can use that blind since ur set up first. Anyways shoot me a om and ill shoot u a message. Opening day is funny up here, ive showed up to spots where guys left notes or signs stating this is there spot, lol just laugh and set up. Make sure ur there early, bring lights to shine other hunters/boats, and i ALWAYS take a picture/video if im using a blind or the area to PROVE i am there first, plus its tim stamped. Always cover ur butt, and anyone gives u a hard time call 1800842HELP. Theres some great small holes off the ct river that are easy limits early season

Thanks for that, I figured as much. I was out in the area on the Connecticut river today and theres geese all over! Do you know anything about the two islands by Palisado avenue? Ones named Turks island according to google maps. Can I legally set up on them?

I attached a screenshot of the two I am talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I dont hunt much north of cromwell, but you can hunt as long as you set up from below the high tide mark. Or if your hunting from a kayak or boat, then your all set. Looks like an easy launch north of it and alot of corn and croo fields near it. Good place for birds. Watch the tide and or hunt from a boat or kayak and you should be fine. On the northeast of the islands it looks like a small pile up of brush, something like that is not considered land in my eyes and you be able to set or tie off to it no problem. Id personally play it safe and hunt from a boat, or put a layout blind on the edge below the high tide mark and you should be fine. Im not a DEEP officer so you can clarify with them, thats just my opinion/experience. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Shooter View Post
    Thanks for that, I figured as much. I was out in the area on the Connecticut river today and theres geese all over! Do you know anything about the two islands by Palisado avenue? Ones named Turks island according to google maps. Can I legally set up on them?
    I hunt those islands. Your free to contact me and we can set up a hunt for sure. I'm always open to hunting with new people.
    I was going to go out tomorrow but my boat engine is not running, I need to replace stators. So probably not till the week after or something.