Thread: Super Glue

Super Glue

Does it hurt bow strings if you put a small amount of super glue on it to hold something in place?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it will hurt your string, do not use it.

Thread and wax should hold anything you need

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HoytCRX32 View Post
    Does it hurt bow strings if you put a small amount of super glue on it to hold something in place?

Thanks!

I wouldn't use it either.

FWIW

When I shot a vert I would occasionally have the peep move over time even though it was tied in. I used to keep a ruler with an arrow on it to show the correct position of the peep. When I took the bow out to shoot I would check the peep and make sure that it was where it was supposed to be.

It doesn't have to be a ruler. You could mark an arrow to serve the purpose and put it in your quiver so it is always with you to go by.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Quote Originally Posted by Horizontal Hunter View Post
    I wouldn't use it either.

FWIW

When I shot a vert I would occasionally have the peep move over time even though it was tied in. I used to keep a ruler with an arrow on it to show the correct position of the peep. When I took the bow out to shoot I would check the peep and make sure that it was where it was supposed to be.

It doesn't have to be a ruler. You could mark an arrow to serve the purpose and put it in your quiver so it is always with you to go by.

Bob
    THANKS!