Thread: Gimme!

Gimme!

Matt and I went to one of our gimme spots today on private land. You know one of those private spots where there are tons of trail camera pictures of turkeys that no one around hunts. We heard several gobbles in the trees around us but they shut up as soon as they hit the ground. Sure enough with little to no calling it wasn't long before a hen was piddling around and walking through. She kept looking around and putting so I'm not sure if she didn't like the decoys or the pop up blind. Before long we had 3 hens around us but none would come to the decoys. I suddenly saw the familiar red, white and blue head and here comes a big Tom strutting ever so often. Our intention was to get Matt a turkey with his bow and Magnus bullhead but if anyone has ever shot the 125 g bullhead you've probably realized they're not that accurate passed 20 yards. The bird stayed at around 25-30 yards and probably got within range once or twice but where he stood was in matts blinds spot. After waiting a while and the gobbler not coming closer Matt told me to go ahead and take him with my 20 gauge. Laloom! Another one down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's some bird!! Congrats!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Congrats, another nice bird.
    With all the hype about the storm, I figured it would be raining early, so I slept in. Rain didn't come until 11 or so.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Man it was tough to hear him spitting and not be able to see him or get a shot.

Biggest heads and beards I've ever seen on a turkey.