Thread: Honey Hole Dirt Dawg Double!

Honey Hole Dirt Dawg Double!

Spring break, and I'm avoiding the crowds on the streams in favor of some quiet time over the honey hole. Been seeing a LOT of coyotes lately. Saw 3 yesterday. Two disappeared into thin air before I could take a shot...there's some defilade that aids in their getting away. The third that showed up managed to dodge two rounds out of my yote hammer. 225 and 425yds...both shots were a little high and I realized that my scope was dialed up 4 clicks...oops.

Adjusted fire and was out early this morning. Feed delivery truck was there and making all sorts of racket and I was thinking that nothing in its right mind would be around. WRONG!! First one took it's last bite for breakfast as the bullet dropped him at the table. Second showed up a little later. I tried to get this one to stop before hitting some thickets, but no luck. Turns out it was after the same thing the first one was after and died not more than 5 yards from the first. Both males, and the lighter of the two was loaded with ticks and other weird sores...blech!!

The farmer came down with his high-speed drone and flew it out into the field and snapped the above photo. No selfie this time...I was rushing to get these into the freezer...bone collections that serve in the name of education.

Right where they belong. Nice job S2H.

I was out scouting for turkey and hadn't heard anything so called a bit and in came mangy little yote. Might have to bring the shotgun for a walk next time, they love the turkey call this time of year. Seem to be out in force now.

Nice thing that is new for this year. Is we can shot coyotes during turkey season.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Well done Scott. How far were you from the bait calf?
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    Well done Scott. How far were you from the bait calf?
    Those two died at 190 yds. Shot this guy today at 323 yds...only player this morning.

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Nice. Another male? Four from that spot?
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Another male... Gonna give it a rest and hit a few other spots.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

12 Point
    Awesome!!! Never tried hunting them but want to........we have a ton but unfortunately I can't shoot a rifle in the area

Nice work!

About them ticks.. make sure you and everyone you know is using Permethrin. The ticks are out in force this year. Actually saw one about 4ft off the ground on the door to my shed at about 8PM last week. Next day I went out and sprayed the yard (deer highway at night) and the edges. Been wacking mice like mad too. They are a major vector for the little ticks.. maybe that is why the yotes are covered?

Quote Originally Posted by DanburyBowhunter View Post
    Nice work!

About them ticks.. make sure you and everyone you know is using Permethrin. The ticks are out in force this year. Actually saw one about 4ft off the ground on the door to my shed at about 8PM last week. Next day I went out and sprayed the yard (deer highway at night) and the edges. Been wacking mice like mad too. They are a major vector for the little ticks.. maybe that is why the yotes are covered?
    As a home owner, what can i spray in my yard and wood line for ticks thats safe for children and animals? Very interested in doing this! Thanks, dont mean to hijack thread