Thread: Grandpa's ole single shot

Images

Grandpa's ole single shot

Today was a rainy cold day but enjoyed every minute of it. Couple weeks back I was given my wife's grandfather's single shot 12 gauge. Sadly her grandfather is now in a home and has altymers. Her father doesn't hunt so he gave it to me in the hopes the gun would continue to be used and not sit in the closet. He said he remembers as a kid his father coming home from hunting with the Ole single gauge. The gun has killed many a deer, pheasants, and rabbits. Didn't know how today would go due to the rain but the rabbits were out. Def takes alot of patience rabbit hunting with a single shot gun. Missed the rabbit 3 times before I was able to kill him. Luckily the dog was on him pretty good with minimum breakdowns. Sent the picture to my father inlaw and hes going to show his dad when he goes to see him. Also threw 20170130_133042.jpg20170207_121505.jpg20170207_142607.jpg20170207_142632.jpg20170207_142647.jpgin a picture from my hunt last week with another member from the site.

That's awesome!!! Congrats!!

Very cool...good to see an old firearm being hunted! Thanks for sharing!

Should make the ol boy pretty happy to see his shotgun still out bringing home dinner. Shoulda let me know. I would have played in the rain with ya. Only a couple weeks left for the bunnies.
    ---==SEMPER-FI==---

Images
    Yup seasons winding down. Coyotes are next on the menu. See how this single shot does with them. It's 2 bad buckshot is illegal here. Grandpa had a bunch of boxes of buckshot. They live down south.
    Last edited by RABBIT HUNTER; 02-07-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    You can use the buckshot for the dogs on private land. As long as deer seasons are closed. I'm using #4 Buck.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

I was thinking that too. You can use it at your NY spot long as theres no deer season open.
    ---==SEMPER-FI==---

Cool engraving! Keep it cleaned and oiled and it will go another 50 years.