Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One less Coyote

Forkhorn

One less Coyote

I have seen a Grey coyote twice while deer hunting this year in the woodlot behind the house. Today I took a Fox Pro call, a howler and a Primos Ki-yi and went out to my ladder stand.
    Twenty min's into it I used a 32-20 rifle to kill this mangy female. I hope it helps our fawn survival and a few more turkeys would be nice. This last year I saw more bobcats and coyotes than deer. This is a big change for the property which always had does and fawns in the past but none this year.
    I am going to do everything legal to thin the coyote herd. I think a trip to the State Forest with the 22 mag is next!

Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job...that's one ugly looking coyote. Most of the reading I've done says if you want to help your deer herd, then hunt them just prior to and during the fawning season. Coyotes have a tendency to quickly move into areas that are vacated by others. Won't be long before you have another there. Keep after them, and congrats!!

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Good job. I went out yesterday PM for an hour or so with Foxpro. No customers.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Well done! Go get another!

And another,then another. Kill em all!
    ---==SEMPER-FI==---

Images
    Awesome kill em all

Awesome, I've been out a couple times as well. Called in a beautiful fox, I wasn't sure if I wanted to shoot and he disappeared quick so decision was made!! That thing is ugly

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    OSY, what was your sequence to calling? Distress sounds or howls?
    Last edited by TooManyHobbies; 01-18-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Forkhorn
    TMH, I started with a Adult Cottontail for ten min then a 5min pause. Then gave some contact howls paused for another 5 min and went to a red squirrel distress which she charged in on.

Images
    Awesome, thanks.