Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a good ML buck

Images

Got a good ML buck

The last week of deer season for me. I have put in so much time this year and have been having a totally dismal season aside from my archery buck. When I saw a doe and skipper come through behind me this morning I was desperate to slam the doe with the muzzleloader. They were going through a big patch of hemlock and I didn't have any good shot opportunities so I watched them walk off and thought all was lost. Less than a minute later here comes another deer, didn't care much what it was I just needed something for the freezer but when I saw tines it was that much more exciting. Luckily I was already turned around from the others and I was able to "meh" stop him in a tiny shooting window at 30 yards before he walked out of my life. Squeezed off the shot and saw him mule kick so I knew it was good. He went about 50 yards and piled up.

The buck was down in a pretty steep and bad spot but I was very lucky to be able to get a hand from WoodsmanA with the dragging and hero shots, I would still be out there if it weren't for him. Thanks again dude!

As soon as we started to drag him I sad I hope the antlers don't pop off, and at that exact moment thats exactly what happened, hahaha. Lost one side, it was a first for me. I never killed a big buck this late in the season. I'm guessing he was just a day or two from shedding his antlers.

He dressed out at 162, I bet he was closer to 200 in november. He looked like a really old worn out buck. Not he biggest rack in the woods, but I couldn't be happier with him, what a great way to end the season. Someone up above was smiling on me this morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations. Gotta love red snow.

Wide as all get out!! Congrats and that beauty, Grizz. Looks like a lot of bucks are dropping antlers now. At least you have both, and meat in the freezer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

12 Point Asteroids Champion, Missile Crisis Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Bloody Pingu Champion, From Start To Finish Champion, Archery 2000 Champion, Crack Shot Champion Big Country's Avatar
    Images
    Great Job Adam....
    Too bad I didn't get back out your way again this season......When I do, I will let you know.....

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a save and Happy New Year.....

Images
    Nice job on a mature deer!
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Nice buck Griz. Congratulations,

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Great buck. I'm still looking for the other side of the buck I shot the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on a Great Buck! Way to get it done at the end of the season!!
    Ridge Runner

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Real nice buck, congrats Adam. I've only seen six bucks the entire season since Sept. and three were in one day. Last week I saw 22-24 deer, not one antler.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Congrats on another mature animal!!! Well done