Thread: Wind tomorrow

Wind tomorrow

So it seems as this wind is picking up like crazy tonight. I was thinking of takin the smoke pole for a walk to see if anything is poking around . Just wondering everyone's thoughts of hunting in the wind.

12 Point
    Quote Originally Posted by Irontail View Post
    So it seems as this wind is picking up like crazy tonight. I was thinking of takin the smoke pole for a walk to see if anything is poking around . Just wondering everyone's thoughts of hunting in the wind.
    I'll be in my stand early have a doe tag to fill......can't fill it between the sheets

Images
    I would definitely get out. I've shot plenty if animals in the wind while walking. I'll be doing deer drives with friends in RI all weekend. Shot 2 coyotes over there last weekend, and kicked up a nice buck and a few other deer. I didn't get to squeeze on one though.
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

Def. Going to be in the woods I have two muzz.tags to fill. To make the season complete.and my family will all have enough venison for the year... meat don't find its way to the freezer on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Irontail View Post
    ...meat don't find its way to the freezer on its own.
    Ha!! That's what I'm always saying to my wife, who happens to love venison.

Her: "you going hunting AGAIN?"
    Me: "You think those deer just jump in the freezer on their own?!?"

Good luck out there!!

I cold and the wind definitely had them up and moving. Myself and a older bud. Decided to still hunt the back half of the property. We had a group of 6 mature doe come right at u's and for some reason stopped out at about 150 yards and turned back. I know it wasnt us as the wind was in our face. We then hunted a little bit farther up and decide to break off and sitting for awhile. I got about 100 yards from him sat against a stone wall that over looked a oak flat. And with in ten minutes I had deer everywhere . I ended up taking. A nice older doe at 70 is yards . First smoke pole deer. . Wife will be happy as there is no head ear

12 Point
    In the stand 6:07 am cold! 12 degrees F 7:20 cunch crunch crunch pop snap POW! 20 ga lightfield slug found a lung of a 100 lb doe that was trailing a small herd 33yd shot lights out blood trail for about 40 yds to a swamp Tenderloins on the grill tonight...... great day hunting with my son
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats on the does, guys!! It certainly was a bit chilly this morning!

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Congrats. A little colder than I like, but I was wishing I was in the woods this morning.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.