Thread: Respect and common sense.

Respect and common sense.

Just yesterday, a friend and I were out in Suffield hunting geese. I am a member of the sportsmens club there, so I have a season permit. My friend is not a member, so he had pulled a permit through the online system. Along with 3 other people, there were 4 total permits.
    Anyways, after an uneventful hunt, we decided to call it a day, and go fishing/scouting another area. That went well.

Now on to the meat: We get back to my house and are just having a couple post event beers and sure enough, Encon shows up at his house which is only a few houses away. The officers were professional and polite. They asked us if we hunted, then where, and what. As I was clearly giving him answers he was not looking for, I asked what happened.
    Some RETARD, or a group of RETARDS, were hunting pheasant at the Remington lot in Suffield CT. They pushed up a pheasant. Not only were that well within 500 feet of a house, but Encon said they shot AT the house. The officers said they were questioning everyone who pulled permits, so only 4 people.

These kinds of actions result in the club losing properties. I don't understand why people have a lack of respect.

So if your reading this, you are a RETARD. Do the rest of the hunting community, and the Suffield Sportmens club a favor and never come back. I hope they find you.

12 Point
    That sucks but have seen it many times over a simple bird. Here in Mass the clubs that are allowed to stock birds in hunting areas post signs that say "Safety zone NO SHOOTING" as a simple reminder that you are shooting towards homes. And of course this is where the birds always are. I swear they can read We usually send the dogs into the zone and have them flush the birds back into the fields. Then go get em........

Common sense is hard to come by these days....

The thing is, these idiots are so hot over one bird but they are risking losing hunting land over it. Its difficult to talk land owners into allowing their farm property to be used as a permit area when some people go shooting up barns and houses just to get a bird.

Images
    For some reason the worst examples of respect and common sense as far as hunting goes is with pheasant hunters. I've had some really bad experiences with pheasant hunting both state and private clubs. I can't see myself ever doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlyadam View Post
    For some reason the worst examples of respect and common sense as far as hunting goes is with pheasant hunters. I've had some really bad experiences with pheasant hunting both state and private clubs. I can't see myself ever doing it again.
    Is pheasant hunting even considered hunting anymore? Should it have its own separate forum?
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

Images
    I buy chicken at the store and my dog sticks her head in the grocery bag when I bring it home. It's roughly the same thing. I just don't have to wear orange the way I get my chicken.
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

12 Point
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain man View Post
    The thing is, these idiots are so hot over one bird but they are risking losing hunting land over it. Its difficult to talk land owners into allowing their farm property to be used as a permit area when some people go shooting up barns and houses just to get a bird.
    Want to see a $hit show try hunting geese or ducks on the CT river when the rowing teams are out practicing