Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hit Lister Down!!

Hit Lister Down!!

Okay everyone, not really sure where to start. I got one of my target bucks down tonight!! I posted some pics of him in this thread as a focus of my efforts.

http://www.cthuntingnshooting.com/vB...-Weekend-in-NY

I had a very close encounter with him during bow season. He was on a trail to be at 25 yards, but at 32 yards he winded me and turned around to go back from where he came. I've gotten some great pics and video of him over the course of the season, the last sighting being a video of him chasing a doe on 13NOV. I wasn't sure that he had made the first week of gun, but I had a couple of hours tonight to go sit, so I chose the stand where I last had video of him.

With 5 minutes left of legal light, as I was just about to start packing up, I look up and at 50ish yards I see a buck making his way to me. It's pretty thick where I was, so I wasn't sure what buck it was. As he closed the distance, I recognized him and started crapping my pants. I honestly didn't think I was gonna get a 2nd chance. He got through the last bit of thickets and turned broadside at 20-25 yards. I put a the first shot in him, and he turned and bounded back through the thickets. As he was still standing there, I put a second in him as he was quartering slightly away. The second shot dropped him to the ground.

I sat there for a moment in complete shock and I watched him to make sure he wasn't getting up. I just couldn't believe it happened.

Another gentleman who hunts the area heard the shooting and called me right away. I got there before him, so I didn't even know he was there. He has one of those 2 wheeled pull carts and I told him to grab it and bring it in. It broke after a while, and the two of us dragged it out without it. Still a 1 1/2 hr drag. He's a bit older, but was a champ in helping me out. Big shout out to him.

I don't weigh deer, so don't ask. He WILL be making a trip to Chris Brockett's to be put on the wall. I've waited a LONG time to get a deer of this caliber to take the place of my first ever bow buck that currently sits on the wall...a scrub 8.

Thanks for reading all...

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Very nice. Congratulations.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Images
    Congrats on a great buck! Good job!
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

Images
    Congrats, what a great big buck!

Congrats. That's a stud!

Images
    Nice deer. Congrats
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

CTHS Supporter
    Images
    saw you post on the fb page also s2h again really nice buck congrats. just curious what town did you get him in?

What a great buck! Congrats

Awesome awesome deer!!!! A good friend of mine says 5 seconds changes your whole season and that's what happened!!! Excellent story!!!

Images
    Congratulations on the awesome buck!!