Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banded rabbit

Images

Banded rabbit

Went out rabbit hunting today with a fellow member and a coworker. Has some good action through out the day. Got my first Banded rabbit today. Do I need to call it in? And to who? imagejpeg_0.jpg1.jpg

Images
    Never seen one of those. Was it from state land? They are doing habitat work on state land over my way to create habit for rabbits, and they trap and study them with radio collars. Call you DEEP division, they'll let you know how to proceed.
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

Images
    Ya it was on state land. Last year while at the same location I saw a trail cam marked deep, down low to the ground on a tree. Another rabbit hunter there told me they were looking into the new England cottontail. Must have something to do with that. Going to give deep a call.

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Never heard of such a thing. Encouraging to know that DEEP is doing something about rabbitat.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    Never heard of such a thing. Encouraging to know that DEEP is doing something about rabbitat.
    http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?...epNav_GID=1655
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks Dive. I should have been clearer, I didn't know they tagged/collared rabbits. I knew they did some restoration.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Tell your dog i said thanks for showing me a good time. I enjoyed running around the briars with her. And hey,least we dodnt get skunked.
    ---==SEMPER-FI==---

Images
    Thank dive that website had alot of good info. I knew they were trying to create habitat but first time I seen 1 Banded. Going to call deep and see if there interested.

email travis.goodie@ct.gov.

I'm sure they will want any info you can give them.

CTHS Supporter
    Images
    def give them a call about that bunny. i was talking to someone working on the habitat project down my way and he said they will take the skulls according to him thats really the only way to tell the 2 different species new england or eastern apart. next they will have rewards on the bands just like waterfowl.