Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: make sure you have all your papework

I keep a pen, a copy of my license and kill cards in a ziplock that's stays in my hunting bag. Now that I got into ducks I need to make the same kit again so deer and turkey is in one bag and duck stamp is on with my fowl gear

Images
    I do the same as ctrider but when it gets cold pens stop working.
    I know a lot of guys who fill out a kill card and once they are home the rip it up;.
    The old punch outs were the way to go and all see has to be checked ===

Zone 4a were only allowed one deer with a fire arm state claims there are a small herd in this area i say that's nuts its all numbers how many get tagged ..

I had a food plot this year the amount of deer i had every night was crazy.
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrider View Post
    I keep a pen, a copy of my license and kill cards in a ziplock that's stays in my hunting bag. Now that I got into ducks I need to make the same kit again so deer and turkey is in one bag and duck stamp is on with my fowl gear
    ^^ This......

Paperwork

I can not agree with the deep guy on this one these guys had everything But a pen they were not trying to hide anything and on private land to boot do you realy think they were going to get the deer out without tagging them (NO WAY ) The state however should go back to the old tags these thing that we have now get all wet bloddy and just plain useless and it does make it easyer for the guys that are trying to work the system Go to court and fight this one dont want to pay the fines loose your licence over a pen

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I know a lot of guys who fill out a kill card and once they are home the rip it up;.
    The old punch outs were the way to go and all see has to be checked ===
    It seems like it has reached epidemic proportions these days.

Quote Originally Posted by GOATBREATH View Post
    I can not agree with the deep guy on this one these guys had everything But a pen they were not trying to hide anything and on private land to boot do you realy think they were going to get the deer out without tagging them (NO WAY ) The state however should go back to the old tags these thing that we have now get all wet bloddy and just plain useless and it does make it easyer for the guys that are trying to work the system Go to court and fight this one dont want to pay the fines loose your licence over a pen
    I think just the opposite. They had no intention of tagging those deer. One didn't bother with a pen; the other didn't even have tags with them.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

I keep all my tags and permission slips in a zip-lock bag with a pen in my hunting jacket.
    I have the kill tag filled out with all info except time-date-and what tag I am using.I fill
    in the blanks when I get to the deer.Never had a pen freeze when in my jacket.Not
    worth the pain you will go through if you get stopped.I only hunt privet property but will
    never take a chance.The first year with the BS tags no one knew what to do with them
    after you filled one out.I would stick it in the ear or mouth then they said you can put it
    in your pocket or wallet.I would put it back in the zip-lock bag because it always ended
    up full of blood.I check before every hunt that I have because I hunt many different places
    with the possibility of using crop damage free land owner rifle or muzzle loader tags.

Images
    I keep all my paperwork and a pen in a ziploc in my pouch every time I go afield. Cant remember the last time I filled out the tag before I got a deer into the back of the truck though. I always remember after I get in the truck and do it then. I'm going to have to put that a little farther up the priority list next time a shoot a deer or turkey. I liked the old tagging system, the first thing I did with a deer down was punch that dot and attach that tag.

As far as these hunters go, there are two sides to every story. Most encon officers are regular good people and I think if your good to them they are good to you if you make a simple stupid mistake like that. Give them a hard time and they will give you a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by Horizontal Hunter View Post
    It seems like it has reached epidemic proportions these days.

I think just the opposite. They had no intention of tagging those deer. One didn't bother with a pen; the other didn't even have tags with them.

Bob

I doubt they would have posted about it on social media if they didn't have intentions on tagging. . .thats just my $.02

12 Point
    I keep a high pressure "space pen", the tag, a clear plastic label sleeve for the tag, and string for the label sleeve on me when I hunt. I also pre-fill as much of the tag as possible with my info.

I just want to be lucky enough to use it these days

All dressed for the dance...
    Last edited by alukban; 11-26-2016 at 12:27 PM.

have all your paper work

There has to be more to this i doubt the deep guys would site you if you left your pen in the truck