Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: make sure you have all your papework

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supportor BigOutdoors's Avatar

make sure you have all your papework

and a Pen when you go into the woods,here a post from what happed this morn to a father and son team

Attached Images Attached Images

Wow. If they wanted to be that strick with the law why didn't they just keep the old tags. No pen required then. You have the hire a secretary to keep track of your paperwork nowadays between the various licenses and tags. Thanks for the reminder.

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supportor BigOutdoors's Avatar
    yes I totally agree,the new ways just opened the door to more poaching,you could fill the paper out get out of the woods throw the paper away,and go back out,this morn on state land I had a car park where I park,the only on this week since opening day,i am not positive but it looked like the same car and I know they got a deer on opening day.i usually take pics of cars near me just in case of trouble,but I didn't this year

Images
    I have the utmost respect for our officers but sometimes it seems like the innocent get the beat down. These guys did everything by the books and obviously had every intention of being legal and ethical hunters. If this guys write up is actually how it went down, what a way to ruin a holiday. How many D-bags were out there poaching today who should have received some DEEP attention?...
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Images
    I was in same predicament. I agree with what the DEEP told me that day.

You should be prepared, you never forget your gun when you leave the truck so why forget a pen?

That does really ruin an otherwise great time. When i get a deer i get out of the tree,mark the spot where the deer was,walk out and put the weapon up, grab a pen, then trail your deer. Maybe its because i havent been hunting long and thats what they teach nowadays. Either way, that really stinks.
    ---==SEMPER-FI==---

Images
    I understand this could happen to any of us, nobody is perfect. But I agree with the officer's actions. I'd rather see discretion based on what is, rather than what if's.

There has to be a standard for everyone to follow, otherwise who is to say who gets a break and who gets charged?

I would much rather leave my fate up to the letter of the law than someone's whim as to if I should be charged. I think it's the only way to be equally fair to everyone.
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

6 Point
    There is one way to do it right and 100 way to do it wrong. Unfortunately, even if you think you are doing it correctly, the odds are against you.

Now the two are looking at $2500 each for a lawyer, day off of work, and no deer... because the pen was back at the vehicle. Doesn't add up does it?

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    It is a shame that it happened but I am glad that the EPOs wrote the tickets. Poaching is rampant with the "new" tagging system. I too wish that they would go back to the old plastic tag system.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    That sucks. I had a pen in my pocket just a couple days ago that I tried to use for something other than filling out a tag. Damn thing didn't work at all. My first thought was "what if I shot a deer". I would've had to write the tag in deer blood.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.