Thread: Afternoon small game hunt

CTHS Supporter Conquer Antartica Champion Broadhead Joe's Avatar

Afternoon small game hunt

Heading out for some duck in the morning but looking to maybe do some squirrel and rabbit hunting late morning into the evening tomorrow. Any suggestions on a good public spot and shotgun or 22?
    I'm in Oxford so was thinking maybe NSF but have only done deer there.

Plenty of squirrel there. Coyote too if thats your thing. I personally have not had eyes on any rabbit there but im sure there there somewhere. You should see squirrels though.good luck.
    ---==SEMPER-FI==---

CTHS Supporter Conquer Antartica Champion Broadhead Joe's Avatar
    I opted for one of the public spots in newtown/monroe. I ended up coming across a bear instead of a squirrel. I have seen bear from my tree stand but on foot it makes it a little more interesting. It followed along for a little bit. No squirrels or rabbits.

Images
    Wow I've only seen a cub while out rabbit hunting and that was in new York. Pulled back a bush and a cub was sitting there on his butt. Called the dogs and get the hell out of there. Have yet to see one while in ct but I'm sure it will happen.

I used to hunt NSF in Oxford a lot for squirrels. I used to see a guy with 5 or 6 Beagles walk the power lines all the time for rabbits. I used 22 subsonics on squirrels. Shotgun is overkill I think. If you are in Oxford you have that reservoir area off of 42 but a lot of people walk their dogs in there. Always have the High Rock area too. Lots of squirrels.