Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fur Harvests & Trap Line Talk - 2016/2017 Season

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    WTF?? Where did that white stuff come from? Just a couple wet flakes here mixed in with the rain. I didn't even know it was supposed to snow today.

NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Images
    Well after holding off setting traps in November for the most part, I kicked things off yesterday for beaver season by setting a handful of 750s under false castor mounds and a pair of 330s. Picked out a single 30ish lb beaver this morning. Front foot catch in one of the 750s. Also set a couple 550 coyote traps behind my house yesterday evening. Made a pen with a wall of sticks on two sides and a trap on each open end. Few scrap deer bones in the middle covered with hemlock so the birds dont see it.

Supposed to get cold now so I'm enjoying a few days of open water trapping before ice probably becomes a factor.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

And the medieval chamber is back OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    And the medieval chamber is back OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Haha yep! He's got a whole dedicated shed now

Images
    Nice catch man, hope those k9 sets work out for you. Cleanse the woods of those pesky dogs.

Beaver sausage and jerky! Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent my stateland application in this morning. Let's hope they get that built into the online system soon. I don't remember the last time I put a stamp on an envelope and mailed something!

Fur Harvests & Trap Line Talk - 2016/2017 Season

Set my first solo beaver trap today. Thanks Woodsman for the guidance, we'll see how it goes

Sooner or later ill have more time and take the class. For now i just enjoy reading your posts and following along. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    ---==SEMPER-FI==---

Fur Harvests & Trap Line Talk - 2016/2017 Season

Well it's about time to post an update.

I'd been running a single 330 at a swamp down the street getting my feet wet with water trapping to no avail.

The WoodsmanA came out to give me a few pointers and add a couple traps and we tripled overnight! The first one was retrieved in a couple hours after setting. Set the castor mound on a foothold I had out and checked a few other spots, grabbed supper and went back to check and had my first beaver followed by 2 more in the morning! All castor mound sets, 2 front foots and 1 rear.

Was great to have my first catch with Adam and have him teach me to skin them on Saturday.

Also picked up a roadkill fisher a few weeks back