Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New CT Non migratory Stamp ripoff

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsmanA View Post
    I understand complaining about idiot politicians and biologists who have no clue how to handle conservation in this state but if $25 is the deal between hunting and not hunting... Give me a break. Compared to other things like golf or skiing, hunting is ridiculously cheap. And we get be benefit of putting meat on our tables afterwords. What we should be complaining about is all the D bag golfers that get in the way of my geese.
    Or all the D bag golfers that get in the way of my golf!!

Images
    If your not happy about price increase call your reps and tell them ,Look at all the tags you can get how many states are like this Maine gives one deer tag ,I dont normally post on these types of threads just had to put my two cents in.
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

Golf = $40 for 18 holes without a cart at a cheap place = losing 5+ balls = throwing a club and breaking it = leaving in a worse mood than you started = priceless. DU and WoodsmanA would probably benefit most from golf because they'd leave with signed slips to hunt the whole course!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New ct stamp

No it is not you wont see any more pheasents stocked you wont see anything to help the habitat all you will see is more money in Malloys pocket look at the fish stocking program 1 trout caught this year 1 in the years past you coulld catch and realease all day long remember how this sate works and raise in prices is to line the pockets of the crooks in Hartford 2 more years ans it bye bye im outa here

most of you are missing the point IMO.

A) most hunters don't hunt both pheasant & turkey so their costs go way up

b) you now can't hunt woodcock, quail which is non native and non stocked, crows or grouse without a permit.

The grouse & woodcock issue bugs me the most as the State does next to nothing with what few grouse are around and they do nothing for woodcock
    Last edited by golferboy426; 09-29-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Images
    I too would like to see some more effort put into grouse conservation by the state. But DEEP is so desperately underfunded and stretched too thin. The biologists don't have the resources nor the money to invest any time or effort into grouse. I've heard stories of how many grouse used to be around in this state years ago. I'd love to be able to hunt grouse but honestly, with so few around it just doesn't seem smart to hunt them until more is known about the current state of the population. If someone has any info or knows more about grouse in CT please share. I see grouse on the road near my house ocassionally. They're around out this way but not in high numbers I don't think.
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Quote Originally Posted by bishopreid83 View Post
    Golf = $40 for 18 holes without a cart at a cheap place = losing 5+ balls = throwing a club and breaking it = leaving in a worse mood than you started = priceless. DU and WoodsmanA would probably benefit most from golf because they'd leave with signed slips to hunt the whole course!
    Partaking in the sport has been known to produce permission slips....

Images
    The last time I was on a golf course for actual golf was probably 5 years ago or so. I was invited for a bachelor party thing for an old friend of mine. I ended up trying to catch a bullfrog in one of the ponds. Some guy yelled at me.
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Quote Originally Posted by golferboy426 View Post
    most of you are missing the point IMO.

A) most hunters don't hunt both pheasant & turkey so their costs go way up

b) you now can't hunt woodcock, quail which is non native and non stocked, crows or grouse without a permit.

The grouse & woodcock issue bugs me the most as the State does next to nothing with what few grouse are around and they do nothing for woodcock
    State did a huge habitat restore specifically for woodcock in roraback state forest and wyantenock.
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsmanA View Post
    The last time I was on a golf course for actual golf was probably 5 years ago or so. I was invited for a bachelor party thing for an old friend of mine. I ended up trying to catch a bullfrog in one of the ponds. Some guy yelled at me.
    Did that guy have on goofy pants?
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh