Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New CT Non migratory Stamp ripoff

I haven't posted here before but I saw this and felt the need to comment. I think combining the tags is a bad idea for some of reasons mentioned above but mainly because now the state is doling out 10 turkey tags with purchase of a single permit. I would like to know what Connecticut knows that other north east states don't. New York has a 2 bird spring limit and 1 in the fall (recently reduced from 2). Rhode Island is 1 in the spring and 1 in the fall (archery only). Massachusetts is 2 for the year (2 in the spring or 1 in the spring and 1 in the fall). New Hampshire is 1 in spring and 1 in the fall. Vermont is 2 in the spring and 1 in the fall. Maine is 2 in the spring and 2 in the fall. My point is that CT has by far the most liberal bag limit around. Are there really that many more turkeys in this state. According the NWTF turkey populations are declining across the country yet we hand out more tags. Sorry to rant but I am just really passionate about turkey hunting and don't want to see the resource mismanaged. And yes I hunt pheasants to so this saves me money. I just think the number of turkey tags needs to be drastically reduced (I know you could get all the tags before but at least you had to purchase separate permits to do so).

Thanks for reading

-John

Another connecticut rip off

Do you want to belive any thing that any higher ups in this state say?Just like the fishing licence helps with the hatcherys? I caught 1 trout this year 1 and the past years you could sit there for hours and catch and release.Amy money that is generated goes to one place and one place only and thats MALLOYS pocket .Sorry for the typos im sick of this state 2 more years im outa here
    Last edited by ILOVETOHUNT; 09-28-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnski View Post
    I haven't posted here before but I saw this and felt the need to comment. I think combining the tags is a bad idea for some of reasons mentioned above but mainly because now the state is doling out 10 turkey tags with purchase of a single permit.
    This is my biggest worry as well. It seems clear that with the current CT deer and turkey bag limits this state would prefer to see them gone and sportsmen soon after. Where the money goes is a moot point.

CT new stamps

If you belive that the state is doing the to put more money into pheasents and turkeys you are wrong.what about the money for fishing licences where does that go i caught 1 trout this year 1in the years past you could catch and relese all day ill tell you where the money is going into Malloys pocket 2 more years and i kiss this **** hole bye bye

I'm by no means defending the politicians but if they really wanted to pocket more cash why would they decide on a $25 stamp vs the $100 it cost to hunt all the turkey seasons. I guess 5000 ppl buying a $25 stamp makes more than 1000 ppl buying $100 worth of turkey tags. Surprised they didn't make the stamp more.

ct NEW STAMPS

And now you have to may more to hunt useless crows wake up people that state is corrupt in every way

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVETOHUNT View Post
    Do you want to belive any thing that any higher ups in this state say?Just like the fishing licence helps with the hatcherys? I caught 1 trout this year 1 and the past years you could sit there for hours and catch and release.Amy money that is generated goes to one place and one place only and thats MALLOYS pocket .Sorry for the typos im sick of this state 2 more years im outa here
    I hope all hunters/ people move out asap. Less pressure
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

Images
    I understand complaining about idiot politicians and biologists who have no clue how to handle conservation in this state but if $25 is the deal between hunting and not hunting... Give me a break. Compared to other things like golf or skiing, hunting is ridiculously cheap. And we get be benefit of putting meat on our tables afterwords. What we should be complaining about is all the D bag golfers that get in the way of my geese.
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Forkhorn
    I am getting older and see the costs adding up fast when I was young my fishing\hunting lic cost me 6.35 and a archery tag another 5.00. I made about 7.00 an hour. I could hunt stocked pheasant but didn't, we had native quail and ruffed grouse aplenty. Woodcock were also plentiful. Any unposted land was open to hunt. I think if I want to hunt woodcock this year I will need both a state migratory and non migratory stamp. That's a lot more than a hip permit.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsmanA View Post
    I understand complaining about idiot politicians and biologists who have no clue how to handle conservation in this state but if $25 is the deal between hunting and not hunting... Give me a break. Compared to other things like golf or skiing, hunting is ridiculously cheap. And we get be benefit of putting meat on our tables afterwords. What we should be complaining about is all the D bag golfers that get in the way of my geese.
    Just need some earlier tee times