Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ready? >>-------->

Images
    The chicken of the woods usually grows on fallen oak trees, I found a bunch of around this time last year but none this year. It's more orange looking, I had a bunch of pics but cant find them now. I found a few morrels in the spring in my yard this year. Always a treat.

Larry, I hope you get a good acorn crop there, the deer will be drawn in from far and wide. It should be great. All of my Norfolk areas were loaded with acorns last year. Best of luck to you!!

I spent the afternoon brush hogging a few acres and running the chainsaw to really open up some overgrown areas I hunt. I'm hoping that some decent rain rolls through this evening and cleans up all the stink I left there.

Ready? >>-------->

https://m.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments...t&compact=true

I hope some of you boys take a deer like this
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Grizz, I broke my tractor. Brush hogged one field, then did two laps on second one, when I went too close to a small tree. One little branch caught my exhaust stack and popped it off. The stack itself is fine, but the lemon size hole in the exhause manifold sucks. Don't know if cast parts can be welded, but I need to find a new ex.manifold. Tractor is still in the woods.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Gettin there. Got the last two stands set up this past Sunday morning. Checked cams and got at least 5 bucks from a spike to a one that will be a 8-10 pointer - still in velvet. They finally found the salt lick too.. Unfortunately I'm not sure exactly when that pic was taken because some idiot didn't set the date/time correctly. According to the cam the trees are in full leaf and it is bright and sunny at 2AM in January. Got to get more target time.. I'm consistent but low. Tight groups at least so it is yet another case of operator error. Reds are dropping immature acorns and the tree rats are still eating last years stuff. Hoping for a thin acorn year so I can use the 10 gals I saved from last year. Oh, and we have a zoo - pics of fox (at least 3 individuals), ground hog, coon. Bummed I didn't get a pic of the bear that has been seen a few times this summer.

UPDATE: heard whites dropping acorns this AM. Not a lot but definitely starting to drop.
    Last edited by DanburyBowhunter; 08-25-2016 at 10:20 AM.

waited till sunday to put cams out. just too hot.
    hopefully, the same deer last will be around. had a good one on my cams from aug-oct. he disappeared around Halloween, then I had him at 80 the day before gun season.
    So far, no apples and tons of acorns on the ground already. surprisingly, the brook that goes through the property has just enough water flow.

Images
    FYI they just posted the 2015 deer summary on the DEEP website. Harvest numbers were down at least 20% all across the board.

put up one stand and the little black bugs that fly into your eyes and ears nose were very bad, had to stop they were driving me crazy, i tried spray but that does not work any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlyadam View Post
    FYI they just posted the 2015 deer summary on the DEEP website. Harvest numbers were down at least 20% all across the board.
    That cause all the hill people by us dont report harvests
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

they kill everything, I have same problem, I hunt this piece of land it is small on on the power lines, I let deer walk and about 200 yards away there is rock wall, the deer cross that they are dead, no matter what size, I watch the whole thing

Put out a couple cams this past weekend, one on a old spot and one on a new piece. Got out today to put out stand and cam and man it was hot and humid. A little behind this year with more tree stands at the house for repair than in the woods. Either way ready to get back in the woods. Early goose starts next week out here so can't wait for that.