Thread: Back on the Board!!

Back on the Board!!

Finally got one to lay down and die where I could find it. Catching the haying cycle keeps them close to the field edges, if not in the field itself. I've seen three the last three sits, and put bullets into all three of them, but my shot placement hasn't been stellar and two have run off to die elsewhere.

I think initially brought to the field by some rabbit distress...this girl decided to skirt the entire fresh cut area. I was on her once, but she quickly ducked out of the scope. I thought I lost her for good, but looked directly across the field from me and see her head sticking up over the knoll. She continued on her way around the field, and when her full body came into the picture, I lip squeaked her to a stop. This one spun and spun until it finally just flopped over.

.223, 53gr Vmax, a little back and a little high...but a kill shot. This was one ugly specimen, missing most of the hair off her backside. Little tough taking the kill selfie when you need the flash. #8 for the year, female...should be a fun summer!

Images
    Nice job Scott keeping whacking those fawn killers ..............
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Congrats Scott. Keep stacking'em up.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.