Thread: Any CZ bobwhite or ringneck owners on here??

Any CZ bobwhite or ringneck owners on here??

Looking for honest reviews, thinking of picking up one of these models in 16ga. Any advice is appreciated.
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

Spikehorn

CZ in 28ga

I picked up a ringneck in 28ga last year. It is very light to carry. I got 4 squirrels with my handloads. So far, so good. I'm going to try it for a round of trap soon.

How many rounds have you put through it? What did you pay for it? How sre the chokes?? I have read the mod is more like a skeet
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

Spikehorn

info

I only have about 8 rounds through it. I have not patterned the 5 chokes that came with it. I paid $905 from Bud's online.

Thanks for the info

In had one in 20ga and had to end it in for service immediately after purchasing it. The triggers were nearly 10 lbs and not smooth at all. CZ was great to deal with and worked the triggers over to about 7lbs. I eventually moved it on to someone else but it was a decent shotgun for the money. To me the chokes felt cheap. I think it just depends on what you expect from it.

I had a Ringneck in 28 gauge for several years. It was used for hunting as well as a LOT of trap and skeet shooting. It functioned wonderfully and was a nice carrying gun. I only sold it when I started to reduce firearm numbers and limit myself to Citoris. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a moderately priced work gun.

I understand that the bobwhite is out of production. I have a CZ Partridge (also out of production) in 28 gauge. It is a variant of the bobwhite with an alloy frame to make a light gun even lighter. It is a very quick handling gun, perfect for grouse and woodcock. It shoots well. I can't speak to its durability as I only have a few boxes of shells through it. I have taken it for grouse in Maine and Canada a few times without any problems. It would probably be OK for pheasant and squirrel. I would use it a lot more if it was in 20 gauge but since I won it in a raffle I can't complain.

I picked up a cz bobwhite in 16ga a few months ago at autumn arms
    in Goshen. Very nice gun

Spikehorn

repair

I recently sent my 28ga ringneck back for repair. The right barrel stopped firing after only about a box of shells. It would not reset itself. Sent it back with no problem and they replaced the sears. I'm going to test it out later today. About 2 week turnaround time for the repair. FedEx prepaid shipping by CZ. All covered under warranty since I bought it new and only had it for a year. My only complaint is that it was not securely packed when they shipped it back to me. They did not put the gun back in its protective sleeve or add enough packing material to keep it from rattling around in the factory box.