Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Hunting Bow

Images

2016 Hunting Bow

Anyone here in the market or pulled the trigger on a new bow this year?

I'm getting a new rig this year and have it narrowed down to 2, the Mathews Halon or the Hoyt Carbon Defiant Turbo. Both real nice bows, it's raining here so I think Im gonna run over to my local bow shop and see if I can shoot the Halon. The Hoyt I'm gonna have to travel a bit to get my hands on. Switching to a single pin site this season as well.
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

You're gonna have to provide a report on that Halon. I'm only going on year 3 with the Chill-R, so no new bow for a few more years...

New Bow

I went to Sportsmans Outpost and shot all the Mathews bows including the HTR no cam , some Hoyts and the Obsessions. I'm going to get an Obsession Defcon 6 or Fusion 6. The Obsession bows had a much smoother draw. The cam valley and backwall was the best feeling in the Obsessions. After shooting the Obsessions, I'm not even considering a Mathews anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dive4Blood View Post
    Anyone here in the market or pulled the trigger on a new bow this year?

I'm getting a new rig this year and have it narrowed down to 2, the Mathews Halon or the Hoyt Carbon Defiant Turbo. Both real nice bows, it's raining here so I think Im gonna run over to my local bow shop and see if I can shoot the Halon. The Hoyt I'm gonna have to travel a bit to get my hands on. Switching to a single pin site this season as well.

Images
    I went and tried a Halon 6 this afternoon. Nice bow. It was quiet, fast, and so dead in the hands at the shot. Definitely an upgrade from my Z7 Extreme.

Still want to try a Halon 5, it's a little faster. Next week, hitting a couple other shops to try the Hoyts.

Images
    Shot a buddies hoyt nitrum 30. very light and comfortable in the hand. Not much vibration at all and extremely quiet. Paired it with an hha single pin .010

Sent Turbo Fast from my Droid Turbo
    Driving and hunting are a lot alike. Holding that steering wheel and holding that rifle both mean you better be responsible.

Go to Hope Valley Bait and shoot the Mathews no-cam. Is unreal how smooth it is on release. I have Mathews ZXT and love it but the no cam will be next.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxstriper View Post
    Go to Hope Valley Bait and shoot the Mathews no-cam. Is unreal how smooth it is on release. I have Mathews ZXT and love it but the no cam will be next.
    Thats where I was today, Billy has sold my friends and I a bunch of bows, muzzleloaders, etc. I tried the No cam bow when it first came out, nice bow but I want some more speed.

I hunt in RI too, usually on Sundays!

I haven't been to Hope Valley in a while , when did they stop carrying Hoyt ?

Images
    Fin and Feather has the Hoyts in RI.

I just picked up a Bowtech BTX 31" today. Added a QAD Bowtech Ultra rest, and a Trophy Ridge React One Pro single pin sight. Being new to Archery hopefully the Bowtech will soothe me well for a while.

I also shot the Hoyt Carbon Defiant Spyder which was a very nice shooting bow as well.
    Last edited by mardukeme; 04-14-2016 at 08:52 AM.