Thread: time to start sending emails out

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supportor BigOutdoors's Avatar

time to start sending emails out

bill HB 5316 want to charge 65 year olds for fishing license's,after 1/1/2017

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2016/TOB/h/20...316-R00-HB.htm

also want to add a $10 trout stamp

https://legiscan.com/CT/research/SB00139/2015

The problem is that fishing is now an old man's sport. Kids don't fish anymore. Revenues have dropped because a large percentage of fishermen in Connecticut are over 65. If people over 65 don't pay to keep the hatcheries open...who will?

Images
    The only thing I see here is the damn state officials trying to find more money. What a shock. "We screwed up the budget, let's charge the good ol' boys to have during their retirement..." I mean what's $5 for a license in the long run? But still... This isn't right. License purchases aren't directed towards conservation anymore. What the DEEP sees from our licenses and tags and permits is almost nothing. It all goes to the general fund and is used for other projects. What was it, July of last year the general assembly finally agreed on a bill that came out of the environment committee to allocate a specific amount of money annually from the general fund to the hatcheries? That was one of those, "we pissed off the sportsmen in the state so we better do something nice for them" bills anyways. The state taking any money spent on licenses and tags for anything but conservation should be illegal. Malloy and Co have the DEEP nearly shut down anyways with even more cuts to an already severely underfunded department. It drives me insane how people behind a desk who know absolutely nothing about conservation are allowed to manage our woods and wildlife. If it's good for the general fund, it's good for habitat and animals! That's the logic here.
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

I love malloy....guy is a gem in my eyes
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

Quote Originally Posted by Du Ct View Post
    I love malloy....guy is a gem in my eyes
    You should get that glaucoma looked at soon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Aren't you wearing glaucoma glasses in your avatar?
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

Bullsh!t glasses...can see right through your crap!

The facts are that very few people under 30 fish and no over 65 pays for a license. We have an aging demographic, so hunters and fishermen over 65 make-up a larger and larger percentage of the total. Liberals hope that sportsmen will disappear. Their fine with taking away our gun rights and closing the hatcheries. A 5-dollar senior license won't bring much money to the state, but it will let politicians know how many of us are still around and that we care about things like fishing. The problem with free lifetime senior licenses is that there is no way to tell how many of us are still out there (haven't died!!) and are still fishing and not locked up in some nursing home. All politicians only care about two things, money and votes. When you buy a license or a duck stamp....yes you are giving them money, but you are also making them aware of how many of us are out there and what is important to us.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhunter View Post
    The facts are that very few people under 30 fish and no over 65 pays for a license. We have an aging demographic, so hunters and fishermen over 65 make-up a larger and larger percentage of the total. Liberals hope that sportsmen will disappear. Their fine with taking away our gun rights and closing the hatcheries. A 5-dollar senior license won't bring much money to the state, but it will let politicians know how many of us are still around and that we care about things like fishing. The problem with free lifetime senior licenses is that there is no way to tell how many of us are still out there (haven't died!!) and are still fishing and not locked up in some nursing home. All politicians only care about two things, money and votes. When you buy a license or a duck stamp....yes you are giving them money, but you are also making them aware of how many of us are out there and what is important to us.

Totally agree on this, can't tell you how much I have tried to encourage friends and members of my own family to come out with me hunting and fishing, they won't budge if a electronic screen isn't present. Thank grandpa for putting it in me and the last of a dying breed of grandpas are out there. I think it is important to show our numbers for sure, however, it does suck you work a lifetime and have a lifetime of purchasing licenses you should get some sort of break, yet be accounted for.

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    Bullsh!t glasses...can see right through your crap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk