Thread: Anyone On The Ice?

Images

Anyone On The Ice?

Wow, compared to last years feet of ice, this year is rough. Made it out today for the first time. Up to 8 inches on Winchester Lake. Some spots on the lake were down to 3 inches. Went out for pike. Pulled up none. Buddy pulled up a nice largemouth. Other than that just some perch and pickerel. Anyone else able to get out on some safe ice?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

I ventured 4' onto the ice to collect up one of my spent shells...walked softly and slowly. I hate the possibilities...lol.

Got out on Mohawk pond today. A good 6 inches of ice this morning but by the time we left probably had 4 inches. The water was really puddling up by the time we left around 4 .Caught a bunch of fish .

Fished still water last weekend and hit tyler lake today pretty slow besides this nice calico and perchMessage_1454256471376.jpg

2011 site supporter Balloon Hunter Champion joemichael's Avatar
    I live right down the road from lake pocotopaug. Usually this time of year it is teeming with ice fisherman and a few snow mobilers. Have yet to see anyone on that thin ice and I don't blame them! The most mild winter I've ever seen.

Aim small, miss small.