Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Connecticut seeks to limit gun access for people on watch lists

Quote Originally Posted by Du Ct View Post
    Im all for it, take the guns from nut jobs. I know you guys wont agree with me but i think we need even tougher gun laws in this country.
    The problem is there is no standard for getting on "the list" and there is no appeals process to get off. Majority of the time if you are on one you will never know. That's why it is called a watch list and not a convicted list. Example Ted Kennedy was put on the no-fly list for speaking out against Bush. If a name matches one on the list ie Bob Smith. You are boned, with no appeal. These lists are federal, state gov has no power to hold appeals to get your name off them. Due process aka 14th amendment is being tossed out the window. You might be for these "tougher laws" right up until someone doesn't like what you said about some politician, and you get on a "list" and stripped of your rights without due process.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DanburyBowhunter View Post
    ...This guy reminds me of the Gov in Blazing Saddles.
    Hahaha! "The Lepetomane Throughway..?? Now what'll that a$$hole think of next?!" Yep, that's pretty much Governor Malloy...
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Images
    Malloy is an FI pussy who takes lessons from the other pussy
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

Osama's shoe shine boy at it again, POS ... 😡

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Du Ct View Post
    Im all for it, take the guns from nut jobs. I know you guys wont agree with me but i think we need even tougher gun laws in this country.
    When I was young I felt the same way. Eventually, after repeated laws were passed that restrict my rights I am tired of being punished for what others do. The "Gun Grabbers" need to be fought every inch of the way. They have already taken too much from law abiding citizens like us and there is no end in sight.

There is no law that can be made that would have prevented the tragedies at Newtown or the more recent mass shooting in SanBernardino. The weapons used in each case were illegally obtained. In the case of the Newtown tragedy they were stolen from the mother and in the case of the San Bernardino they were obtained through a straw purchase.

If you can come up with a law that will stop criminals from obtaining guns illegally that doesn't further restrict my rights I'm on board.

Passing more gun laws that burden law abiding gun owners is the equivalent of putting a breathalyzer interlock in the cars of sober drivers and expecting the drunk driving rates to go down.

This next presidential election will have a huge effect on our gun rights going forward; especially if the winner is re-elected in 2020. This next president will likely appoint 4 new judges to the Supreme Court. Several of the Judges are pretty old and in the next eight years four of the justices are expected to be replaced.

When you consider that the Heller case was decided by a 5-4 vote in the Supreme Court you can see that our rights are hanging on by a very slender thread indeed.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Maybe before we take away a person's second amendment right because "someone" put them on a secret government list, we make sure they are de-funded; no social security, no food stamps, no section 8, no welfare, no Obama phone, no WIC, no government job.
    Maybe we should also make sure they can't simply walk into our country from Mexico or Canada.
    Maybe we should also make sure they aren't allowed to buy pressure cookers, plumbing supplies, nails, ball bearings, fertilizer, propane, gasoline, knives, or cars.
    Maybe they'll just get their guns illegally like regular criminals...

Images
    The gun bans aren't 100% about keeping people safe. It is the means the left uses to gain power to forward all of their political agendas. If they can remove guns from our culture as Malloy has stated, the people who vote Republican only because of guns are up for grabs. That is a lot of vote and lobbying removed from their opposition.
    Furthermore, a population without any tools to resist a government imposing it's will on them through laws, regulations, taxes etc... is easier to control. Wake the 'F' up America.
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Most mass shootings are done by people with Mental Health issues (I would incl. terrorists, no sane person would do what they do). If rights are going to be violated, wouldn't it be wiser to violate the rights of individuals with mental health problems? Instead of 2nd Amendment rights? The HIPAA laws have to be changed, and make mental health records reportable, so these people can't buy guns and can't have guns in their homes (Lanza). It will never stop the straw purchases. Where there's a will, there's a way. Whether it's guns, knives, bombs made from household products, etc.

There are between 270-300 million (depending on source) guns in the US. (89+ guns/100 people) That's a lot of 2nd Amendment violations. Compared to 1 in 5 in the US has or had mental issues. (that includes elderly w/dimensia).
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Quote Originally Posted by kwengenroth View Post
    The problem is there is no standard for getting on "the list" and there is no appeals process to get off. Majority of the time if you are on one you will never know. That's why it is called a watch list and not a convicted list. Example Ted Kennedy was put on the no-fly list for speaking out against Bush. If a name matches one on the list ie Bob Smith. You are boned, with no appeal. These lists are federal, state gov has no power to hold appeals to get your name off them. Due process aka 14th amendment is being tossed out the window. You might be for these "tougher laws" right up until someone doesn't like what you said about some politician, and you get on a "list" and stripped of your rights without due process.
    Well said !!

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images

No-fly 'glitch' has toddler removed from plane

By Lizzie O'Leary and Aaron Cooper, CNN
    Updated 1:15 AM ET, Fri May 11, 2012

No-fly toddler? Girl removed from flight 01:50
    Story highlights
    JetBlue apologizes for "computer glitch" that indicated the toddler was on a no-fly list
    The family, of Middle Eastern descent, was flying from Florida to New Jersey on Tuesday
    TSA spokesman says agency "did not flag this child as being on the no-fly list"
    The family declined to continue on the flight; the father says they felt humiliated
    JetBlue Airways is apologizing for a "computer glitch" it blames for a family being told their 18-month-old daughter was on a government no-fly list.

The parents, who reportedly would not disclose their last names for fear of repercussions, and their infant, identified only as Riyanna, had boarded JetBlue Flight 510 from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to Newark, New Jersey, on Tuesday evening when they say an airline employee ask them to get off the plane.

"I said, 'For what?'" Riyanna's mother told CNN affiliate WPBF. "He said, 'It is not you or your husband. Your daughter was flagged as no fly.'"

The family is of Middle Eastern descent and the mother wears a headscarf, but they say they are U.S. citizens and have lived in New Jersey all of their lives.

The government disputed the airline's initial characterization.

"TSA did not flag this child as being on the no-fly list," Transportation Security Administration spokeswoman Sterling Payne told CNN in a statement. "TSA was called to the gate by the airline and after talking to the parents and confirming through our vetting system, TSA determined the airline had mistakenly indicated the child was on a government watch list."

The family declined to continue on the flight, saying they felt humiliated.

"We were put on display like a circus act because my wife wears a hijab," Riyanna's father said.
    Read more:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/10/travel/no-fly-toddler/
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire