Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecticut seeks to limit gun access for people on watch lists

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images

Connecticut seeks to limit gun access for people on watch lists

Connecticut is taking steps to block people who are banned from flying on commercial airliners from obtaining firearms permits, the state's Democratic governor, Dannel Malloy said on Thursday.

"If you cannot fly due to being on a watch list, you shouldn't be able to purchase a firearm," Malloy said. "Since Congress so far as failed to act, we well."

Malloy's move comes a week after a married couple inspired by Islamic State militants shot dead 14 people in California in the deadliest mass shooting the United States has seen since a gunman killed 26 people including 20 young children at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, in December 2012.

Read More:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/con...CBx?li=BBnb7Kz
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Button Buck
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizontal Hunter View Post
    Connecticut is taking steps to block people who are banned from flying on commercial airliners from obtaining firearms permits, the state's Democratic governor, Dannel Malloy said on Thursday.

"If you cannot fly due to being on a watch list, you shouldn't be able to purchase a firearm," Malloy said. "Since Congress so far as failed to act, we well."

Malloy's move comes a week after a married couple inspired by Islamic State militants shot dead 14 people in California in the deadliest mass shooting the United States has seen since a gunman killed 26 people including 20 young children at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, in December 2012.

Read More:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/con...CBx?li=BBnb7Kz

uh uh uh uh uh And the 2 terrorists from last week weren't on any of these so called lists......just resign already Danny boy

Images
    Embrace foriegn refugees from uncivilized, dangerous, jihadist effected cultures while
    removing due process to "protect" us.

How does it feel to have one of Washingtons' puppets dancing on your head while they pull the strings..... AGAIN?
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

6 Point
    This guy and his puppet master have been making my blood boil the past couple weeks. Can't wait for at least one of them to be out of office

And they call us "the constitutional state". What a joke.

Images
    The state issues long gun and pistol permits and determines whose eligible they can already do this without another law they're not going to enforce.

Hasn't it also come to light that the rifles used were straw purchasers my a friend and illegally modified yet no charges pressed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home

Images
    You can be put on a watch list without a judge or jury. Just a unconstitutional loophole for our unconstitutional governor to take advantage of in our unconstitutional state.

Images
    And when he was asked how many people on the list live in CT. He says he didn't know of any. But there are other lists. So he says.
    Sportsmen will change the future.
    www.BigBearWildlifeControl.org
    Be Green,Buy Fur!

Im all for it, take the guns from nut jobs. I know you guys wont agree with me but i think we need even tougher gun laws in this country.
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

If D Bag really wants to eliminate guns he should at least start by disarming his security staff. Next, no state employees of any type (police included) should be armed or have access to weapons.
    As someone said.. those wackos weren't on any lists to begin with so this would have had no effect. But hey, we gotta do something they say.. just like after Sandy Hook. This guy reminds me of the Gov in Blazing Saddles.
    This is a dangerous precedent of taking rights based upon SUSPICION. And how many lists are there? How many are based upon DHS's past statements that things like being a veteran, having studied martial arts, and/or supporting the Constitution are indicators of potential domestic terrorists? How long before standing up for your right to practice your religion gets you on a list? Am I on a list because I spoke up against 4th amendemnt infrigement at a 'drunk driving' checkpoint? Very dangerous ground.

As for Constitution state on tags.. the legislature should introduce a bill to remove that from all CT plates as our 'leadership' is no longer adhering to the Constitution.

Sometimes I think it wouild be good if I lose my job so I can force my wife to leave this state (I'd say God forsaken but God has not forsaken CT, more the other way 'round).