Thread: Bought my trapping license today😁👍

Bought my trapping license today😁👍

Anyone else trapping on here this year?? I know the WoodsmanA is. I cant wait to get some fur, focusing on beaver, fox, coyote and raccoon.
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

Images
    Awesome man. Going to be a great year! I know JPF will be out there. CTRider and Bishop are setting for coyotes. TooMany will be setting for coyotes and fisher I bet.
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

i want to start trapping, but i really cant commit the time. i think ill try and take the course this year if i can just to get the ball rolling

Images
    Definitely take the course, Rev. Even if you buy yourself one trap and spend one weekend doing it ... You're still part of the never ending learning process but more importantly, you're then part of extending an American heritage that's dying quickly. Anything we can do to keep trapping from being forgotten..:
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

i hunt with some friends in Maine and New Hampshire from time to time who are old school trappers. it really is an amazing way of life. i unfortunately dont have the time to check traps all the time so i cant set them. i still have yet to deer hunt this year

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Rev, the good thing about trapping is, it doesn't have to be light out to check traps. Unlike hunting, you can do it 24/7. I've set traps in spots that I could check on my way to work with a light, from the road. Concealed enough so not to draw attention, but visible (especially eye shine) with a flashlight. Don't even have to get out of truck unless something is caught. And if you use cages, you can leave it until you come home.
    It will depend on my mood, my trapping partner moved to Texas, so I'll be solo. Probably won't even start until Jan. unless the deer gods bless me pretty soon.
    The deadfall challenge is still on for all trappers.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    Rev, the good thing about trapping is, it doesn't have to be light out to check traps. Unlike hunting, you can do it 24/7. I've set traps in spots that I could check on my way to work with a light, from the road. Concealed enough so not to draw attention, but visible (especially eye shine) with a flashlight. Don't even have to get out of truck unless something is caught. And if you use cages, you can leave it until you come home.
    It will depend on my mood, my trapping partner moved to Texas, so I'll be solo. Probably won't even start until Jan. unless the deer gods bless me pretty soon.
    The deadfall challenge is still on for all trappers.
    thats something i didnt know. i can certainly check traps in the evening or early morning . like deer hunting though, i dont have a spot to trap .

This will be my second year. Boiling and waxing this weekend. I cant wait to start setting again!! Good luck this year guys