Thread: Pollock fishing

Pollock fishing

Due to cod and haddock protections, we couldn't keep those but managed 6 good pollock between 3 guys which isn't a great average. I got my 3 on a jog with lime green teaser. Ended up with 22.5 lbs of fillets. Good day nonetheless

12 Point
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrider View Post
    Due to cod and haddock protections, we couldn't keep those but managed 6 good pollock between 3 guys which isn't a great average. I got my 3 on a jog with lime green teaser. Ended up with 22.5 lbs of fillets. Good day nonetheless

Good eat who did you fish with /where? Great job

The Yellowbird out of Hampton NH. We've gone out with just about everyone there and found them to be the best. No overcrowding, Capt works hard to get on the fish, good mates etc.

Images
    Nice catch! And you even wore the Irish setters. Haha. Fillets look great!
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Images
    Good eats right there. I did a ton of fishing this summer, and ended up buying my first boat.
    Had some good trips with friends from the site too. I def wanna do a Cod trip.
    The Will Can Not Be Broken

Images
    Nothing better then fresh fish for dinner .
    How deep were you fishing?
    Looks like it was FAC.
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

Hey Dive - no cod fishing as far as I know, overfished commercially so they are hopefully on the rebound.

Andy - we were around 300'

Images
    Congrats on a great trip,

I believe Cod is only closed in the gulf of Maine but I could be mistaken. Check out Eastman's out of NH. They do marathon trips out to Fippinnies and last year they were catching halibut on a lot of the trips.
    When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home

Quote Originally Posted by Dive4Blood View Post
    Good eats right there. I did a ton of fishing this summer, and ended up buying my first boat.
    Had some good trips with friends from the site too. I def wanna do a Cod trip.
    Did you find a dock slip for your boat ?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
    Did you find a dock slip for your boat ?
    Nothing hammered down yet, been talking to different boat owners about what they think. It kinda got put on the back burner lately with all the prepping for bow hunting and exercising the beagles for the seasons. Thanks for reminding me.
    The Will Can Not Be Broken