Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015/2016 Fur Market Outlook

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    How do you cook it, Adam? I've had it like pulled pork in BBQ sauce, loved it.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Images
    Biggest reason why most people hate beaver meat is because castor got on the meat when it was being processed. Makes it taste bitter. So properly process beav meat cut into medallions then goes in a salt brine for minimum of 24 hours. Then it gets bbq or teriyaki sauce for another 24 hour sit. Slap the pieces on the grill and cook it to medium. Comes out incredible.i prefer medium rare meat but beavs I like to give the extra minute.
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Do you know if there are any concerns about giardia in uncooked beaver meat?
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Images
    I think it comes down to accidentally getting the meat contaminated when it come to giardia and beavs. Don't butcher it where you pelt it out is the best bet. Then give it that extra minute over the flames.

Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com