Thread: CT laws vs other states

CT laws vs other states

I visited Maine this weekend, most importantly the Kittery Trading Post. Was told Maine is changing it's pistol permit law and anybody can now or soon (not sure) carry without a permit, resident and non resident, as long as you are not a felon. Also they are soon doing away with their knife laws and will be selling stuff like switch blades. It sure is different up there. One guy I was listening to was actually laughing saying how we need a permit just to buy ammo down here. I just might retire and move there.

I remember hearing that they were actually considering making it a law to have a firearm in every eligible home

Quote Originally Posted by jpfhunter927 View Post
    I remember hearing that they were actually considering making it a law to have a firearm in every eligible home
    I hear there is a town in Georgia that has that law and when it passed the crime went to zero.

Spikehorn
    It's been my plan for decades to retire to Maine - but my family has deep roots there. It took quite a while to convince my husband to retire where it's colder... just waiting for him to earn all the points he needs for full pension & then we'll sell the house & go.

I know New Hampshire got rid of all of its knife laws. Connecticut is ridiculous, I'm licensed to carry a pistol, but cannot carry a double edged knife (a "dirk knife" in the statutes) or a knife with a blade over 4 inches (unless I'm hunting).