Thread: Harrowing day!!

Harrowing day!!

I knew I was going to have trouble harrowing after I planted for summer feeding.
    Brush hogged Sunday gave it four days but there is know easy way to cut through
    thick roots and plants.I ended up with 5 strips that cross and will just let the rest
    stay!Lots of clover and grasses that will die with a few frosts.I will plant radish and
    oats and see what happens.If we have lots of acorns they will not hit it till late!Not
    seeing much deer sign and thinking this might be a strange season!!Harrow is getting
    old and I lost a disk and took half a day to get it up and working again.In the spring
    I will do as I have always done and harrow every time the weeds need to be killed.
    Funny how you never run out of ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Images
    Time to retire that wheel harrow and open that wallet and buy a tiller Tractor supply has one with your name on it.
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

Because radish seed is cheaper than rye the farm I hunt planted radishes in one corn lot. The deer didn't touch it. Maybe because they had rye in other fields but it wasn't high on the deer's food list.

Images
    I just planted purple top turnips great winter food the deer love the sweetness last time i planted them the deer hardly ate the green but once the snow came they were busy digging the turnips up not much left after a few visits.
    Agway had a great deal on seed ..
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn