Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RI Report 5 cottages

12 Point

RI Report 5 cottages

Fished yesterday for a few hours on the incoming tide Weather guy was off a bit with his 5-10 knots had some interesting rollers mixed in with the white water. Fished squid strips on spinner rigs in 45-60 feet of water for a few keeper fluke to 4lbs, and our limit (1 each) of seabass to 5 lbs piled on some rocks off of 5 cottages Wind started blowing harder and we had two down so we went inside to swim and clean the fish. Lots of fish out there 6-8 oz to hold bottom with a drift sock Love those rough water fishing days if the crew can hang on

12 Point
    Back at it yesterday picked through the shorts for a few keepers.Fish were between 5 cottages and Deep Hole Lots of fish few keepers on spinner rigs with squid strips 30-45 feet deep

One massive blue that had a gorgeous rod & reel combo attached to it Describe it and it's yours

South side of Block has been good. Took a Ct. 3 man limit Saturday. Fish were 3.5 to 7 lbs,if we had to measure them we through them back. Nice seabass too.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AlloyToy View Post
    Back at it yesterday picked through the shorts for a few keepers.Fish were between 5 cottages and Deep Hole Lots of fish few keepers on spinner rigs with squid strips 30-45 feet deep

One massive blue that had a gorgeous rod & reel combo attached to it Describe it and it's yours
    I was on one of the JB Tackle boats Friday night off Montauk and the captain was telling one of the guys about a customer that had just lost one of the boat set ups. Lol, I wonder...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AlloyToy View Post

it was my rod from the fluke/puke tourney
    blue avet on a custom rod and braided line should be dirty by now and that bluefish should be skinny

Quote Originally Posted by Dive4Blood View Post
    I was on one of the JB Tackle boats Friday night off Montauk and the captain was telling one of the guys about a customer that had just lost one of the boat set ups. Lol, I wonder...
    How was the trip ?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
    How was the trip ?
    The trip was great, we did well on large stripers. Into the fish right from the first drift.

Fished on the Sarah K. off Martha's Vinyard Sunday too. Limited out on fluke, seas bass, and Porgys.
    As a diver, I couldn't help but notice how clear the water was up there compared to CT.

It was my second trip on that boat out of Buzzards Bay this summer, awesome fishing up there.

Dont want to hijack but went out off the Cape last Monday (7/6) to hit the stripers. Left the harbor at 3 am and headed south for 2 hours just in time for sunrise. Had 5 guys running three rods and hooked up 30 fish in 1 hour 15 minutes. With the tide ripping under neath the boat, it felt like i was reeling in a small car at times.

Attached Images Attached Images

12 Point
    Nice bass!! Jiggin wire? Bait? Umbrellas?

12 Point
    Quote Originally Posted by special k View Post
    it was my rod from the fluke/puke tourney
    blue avet on a custom rod and braided line should be dirty by now and that bluefish should be skinny
    Nope no Avet