Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Hunting Passes State Senate

Images
    Bow hunting on Sunday won't be a big problem only 10 percent harvest a deer ,,if it was rifle then i would say it would be a big problem.
    Zone 4a is making a big come back i am seeing more deer then three years ago (( my 02...))

Quote Originally Posted by Du Ct View Post
    What else is new?
    In all honesty it was meant to be kidding sorry if you didn't get it. Seeing you replied I will reply back. You really think this will not boost in people asking? You don't think this will boost the bow hunters in CT? How many hunters only get one day a week? The incentive to hunt a second day is going to be high on peoples objectives. I'm sure it would get people, who only hunted state land, to start asking around. I do understand only ten percent of deer is harvested by bow, just how many of those deer taken is by guys who only have one day to hunt?

Besides now mao-lloy will say "See I told you, I'm for hunters and the Second Amendment."
    Last edited by Greentea; 06-06-2015 at 11:20 AM.

6 Point
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Bow hunting on Sunday won't be a big problem only 10 percent harvest a deer ,,if it was rifle then i would say it would be a big problem.
    Zone 4a is making a big come back i am seeing more deer then three years ago (( my 02...))
    The success rate for archery state wide in 2013(the latest summary)
    was 36.5% vs 24% for firearms. Adding another dozen or so days that people usually have off from work to the hunting season should increase that number substantially.

I believe you about 4a. You shot more deer in 4a this year than I saw in 12! But when the state is still managing 4a to increase the number of deer, how can it be overpopulated as the map in the post suggests? I think someone got the map wrong.

I for one am ecstatic about the possibility of being able to hunt private land on Sunday. My future in-laws allow me to hunt there private land and I would love to get and extra day of hunting. Unfortunately after 6 years of college and 2 degrees I'm stuck with a dang Monday-Friday 8-5 job which allows little vacation. Maybe I should have chosen a different path in life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 Point
    I am looking forward to this. I am not sure if you will see a flood of hunters coming into Connecticut over the Sunday hunting issue. The main issue is the price of a non resident license.

To me it will be nice to hunt a Sunday afternoon.

Forkhorn
    Images

Sunday Hunting

I haven't read or heard anything about "if or when" the governor is actually going to sign the Bill. Anybody hear anything?

6 Point
    He has 15 days to sign or veto it. If he takes no action, which is common, it automatically becomes law after 15 days.

The Senate and house can override a veto with a 2/3rds vote over which the bill already passed by so it wouldn't make sense for him to veto this bill. But... it's Malloy... and anything is possible.

I think we are good to go. Time to start shopping for some new Sunday clothes, and a Sunday stand, and a Sunday camera....

i have a very very select few places i can hunt right now. i have little time to get out and ask . hopefully if this is passed i can figure out a few new places to go

YES!!!!! My camera got stolen again on private property.sob!!!! End of rant

12 Point
    d-bag signed it