Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Hunting Passes State Senate

Images

Sunday Hunting Passes State Senate

Just heard that the state senate called the Sunday Bow Hunting bill to the floor and it actually passed with 28 votes. I guess we only needed 17. Looking for more information online to confirm.

What's that, 8 years it took them?...
    Last edited by WoodsmanA; 06-03-2015 at 02:01 PM.
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Na zdrowie!! When will they pass sunday crow hunting!!!
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

Images
    Hahaha. I think it should be all or nothing. At least it's a step in the right direction...
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

That's good news.
    Anyone have any idea what will end up being considered "deer management areas", or will we be looking at zones 11 & 12 only like others have mentioned previously under a different thread. Since the deer management zones are to be determined by DEEP, I guess we'll have to wait to hear it from them.

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Sweet. Never thought it would happen. Not that I will hunt too much on Sundays, but for those of you that work 6 days/week, congrats.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Images
    That's awesome. Just need his excellency to sign it. Looks like it may actually apply to most zones. The two north central zones are the only ones not deemed overpopulated, however they figure that out. We'll see.

i don't understand why they couldn't have both state and privet land bow hunting on Sundays .

worst thing possible for the deer numbers...i am not in favor of sunday hunting at all.

Worst thing possible for deer numbers would be an open season, without limits, statewide...this won't cause the population any issues.

Images
    Just got an Email from someone at the CT NWTF... Looks like the antis are still pushing hard for the governor to veto the bill. I'm going to laugh if he does... This new bill doesn't change anything for me since I live and hunt in the areas where no Sunday hunting will be allowed.
    www.PAWServicesCT.com