Thread: Dem bill targets online ammo sales

Dem bill targets online ammo sales

Time to call your state reps again.......

House Democrats are pushing legislation requiring face-to-face ammunition sales.
    Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-N.J.) has introduced the Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act of 2015. The bill unveiled Tuesday would require federally licensed ammunitions dealers to confirm the identity of individuals who arrange to purchase ammunition over the Internet by verifying a photo ID in-person.

The bill would also require ammunition vendors to report any sales of more than 1,000 rounds within five consecutive days to the U.S. attorney general if the person purchasing ammunition is not a licensed dealer.

“Far too many times, we have seen the shocking images of unspeakable gun violence that could have been prevented,” Rep. Frank Pallone Jr. (D-N.J.), one of the bill’s original cosponsors, said in a joint statement. “Our bill to limit the online sale of ammunition is a long-overdue common sense reform that I am hopeful will spark Congress to put aside party difference and come together to help prevent such senseless tragedies.”
    The bill would stop short of imposing an outright ban on online ammunition sales, said Courtney Cochran, Watson Coleman’s communications director.
    Cochran said buyers would still be able to complete an Internet sale, but would need to present a photo I.D. in-person at an authorized dealer before the shipment can be made.

The bill aims, she said, to help prevent malicious attacks like the July 2012 shooting in the Aurora, Colo. movie theater that left 12 dead and 70 wounded. If someone is trying to stock pile ammunition for a malicious reason, Cochran said the bill would give law enforcement a better chance at preventing an attack.

Rep. Donald Payne Jr. (D-N.J.) has also signed on as sponsor of the bill.
    “This common-sense reform would save lives by depriving violent criminals of a means of anonymously amassing ammunition without proper scrutiny,” he said.

so If I want to buy my steel fowl ammo from rogers sporting good in Missou like I always do, I would not be able to? I would have to drive there first and show them my id?
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

Quote Originally Posted by Du Ct View Post
    so If I want to buy my steel fowl ammo from rogers sporting good in Missou like I always do, I would not be able to? I would have to drive there first and show them my id?
    Their idea is you just won't/shouldn't buy that evil ammo stuff. What purpose does it serve anyway (they would say)?

Exactly Du - That's why we must stay on top of these things as annoying as they are. Blink, and you'll lose rights.

Drivers license to buy ammo? But then how will all the illegals who voted for the Dems be able to buy ammo then?

DU brings up a really important point. Apparently buying bulk ammo for waterfowl hunting is unacceptable. Any competitive shooter would be in the same boat. Brainless politicians.

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    I don't see much chance of this passing in a Republican House and Senate. We have to fight them every inch of the way.

In Massachusetts laws are not required to stop the Online purchase of ammunition. Our AG bullies out of state Ammunition vendors by threatening to sue them for selling ammo without a Massachusetts Ammunition Retailer license. Massachusetts will not issue an Ammunition Retailer license to out of state vendors.

Bob

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by Mallard870 View Post
    Drivers license to buy ammo? But then how will all the illegals who voted for the Dems be able to buy ammo then?
    Ammunition Retailers in Mass used to be required to keep a log book and had to list the buyers name, permit number and the type and quantity of ammunition purchases. What a hassle and waste of energy.
    Last edited by Horizontal Hunter; 05-21-2015 at 04:20 PM.
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizontal Hunter View Post
    I don't see much chance of this passing in a Republican House and Senate. We have to fight them every inch of the way.

In Massachusetts laws are not required to stop the Online purchase of ammunition. Our AG bullies out of state Ammunition vendors by threatening to sue them for selling ammo without a Massachusetts Ammunition Retailer license. Massachusetts will not issue an Ammunition Retailer license to out of state vendors.

Bob

ETA:

Ammunition Retailers in Mass used to be required to keep a log book and had to list the buyers name, permit number and the type and quantity of ammunition purchases. What a hassle and waste of energy.
    I tried buying 22 lr ammo at bass pro in mass a few months ago. 2.50 a box. 3 box limit. Tried to get it and they wouldn't sell it to me cause I wasn't a mass resident.

Images
    Common sense? What? Guess I don't have any.

6 Point
    It behooves all of us to remember who supports this garbage come election time.