Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ct 2015 regs

ct 2015 regs

THE 2015 Regs are out, another year of eating a lot of poached sea bass

So your mad because out biologists are finnaly trying to keep a population more than abundant? The fact you have to keep more than 3 sea bass per trip seriously stumps me. Guys bitch and moan about the limits but fish twice a week and are the first to give away fish. There's no need to keep a bucket of anything. I don't wanna hear whoa as me I feed my family because its a lie. I love fish and I have no need for more than 3 sea bass and if I did I would go catch porgys or fluke. People like you are the reason conservation doesn't work. Just like all the draggers and cod guys its always whoa as me until there's absolutely nothing left and then its the bioligist fault they didnt do anything about it

did you read the regs or do you need some one to read it to you

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Poached as in the recipe? Or poached as in the illegal taking? Lol I'm confused

Whats wrong with the regs? Unless you offshore sea bass on a private boat i see no reason to complain!

They gotta start somewhere as far as I'm concerned. The one fish limit will upset many but it is what it is. It will make many people throw back fish in the mid to upper 30 just knowing that a 40 is out there. I think for a few years it's a great reg. kudos to the deep for doing this. But I would also like to see a limit on the commercial fisherman. If we give some so do they. Gotta do everything on a level playing field.

regs

I fish from a boat, do you need help reading the regs, I can take 3 guys and my self and get 12 fish a charter boat can take 3 guys and keep 24 , who is keeping more fish

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    I fish from a boat, do you need help reading the regs, I can take 3 guys and my self and get 12 fish a charter boat can take 3 guys and keep 24 , who is keeping more fish
    The logic behind that is that most people chartering a head boat will oonly go once or twice a year so they give them a ffew more fish. I dont exactly aagree with it but I understand the logic. Why is it that you need to come back with a pile of sea bass as I originally stated. Your obviously fishing often if your this concerned about the regs cause I saw your post on nbss as well. Again what my original post stated was your fishing more than a guy who goes on a head boat and can keep 3 fish not to mention the other species you can keep. What is your issue with 3 fish