Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malloy Cuts

Malloy Cuts

Not sure if this article was posted yet but it highlights some of the projected cuts including the State Pheasant Program and the Kensington Hatchery.

http://www.courant.com/politics/hc-e...218-story.html

does this mean that pheasant stocking in the whole state is completely kaput?

Quote Originally Posted by Du Ct View Post
    does this mean that pheasant stocking in the whole state is completely kaput?
    If he goes through with it I expect him to refund our $$$$$ from last year that was supposedly funding this years stocking! He needs to let this one go. Not only is it entirely self funded but the state gets our roughly $200k per year up front and collects interest on it for a year. How is it that after years of this BS not one journalist has explained that clearly.

Angry

It is sad when you go on a hunting site and read this post now , these cut by the gov. have been out at least a couple weeks, and there has been no real discussion, even if you don't hunt pheasants our fish for trout as a CT SPORTSMAN you should be more concerned what this state wants to take from us and not that the cost of a duck stamp has gone up or a DU raffle

Images
    They don't care about pheasants or hunters among many other things in Hartford, they are trying to turn CT into a sheep farm and are succeeding. I'm on the countdown to leave this liberal sh!t hole.

8 Point
    We all have skin in the game with this one. Having a pheasant program spreads the hunters out. Eliminate this program and you have more competition in the marshes for ducks. Grouse is very limited and only a few actually hunt woodcock.

I actually believe Malloy is blowing smoke on this by threatening to take it away then saving it like he has done before. The program pays mostly itself though there are other economical benefits to the communities other than collected fees

Images
    The hunter and his/her rights are the bottom of the barrel in the eyes of those in Hartford ... And most everyone else in this state. It's getting worse and worse. I don't pheasant hunt but this drives me nuts. I don't understand why it's even an option for Malloy to have this on the table when the program is entirely funded by hunters through tags. and it boils my blood to hear about the hatchery ... The money that comes in through fishing licenses must be an incredible chunk of change. Take away salmon and trout stocking in some of the most beautiful river locations in this state and the DEEP is going to lose a TON of funds. How much money is spent on buying a car for every high up state employee? It's unecessary. The rest of us have to purchase and maintain our own vehicles. Why do these morons get state vehicle? Put the money for those vehicles into something else ... Like a hatchery or hunting opportunities for kids or ANYTHING else. Just one example of corrupt and rampant state government waste. How much more is being wasted on unecessary crap that is forcing our elected officials to consider cuts that affect outdoorsman?

Quote Originally Posted by Dive4Blood View Post
    I'm on the countdown to leave this liberal sh!t hole.
    I'm with ya... It's only getting worse. The day that trapping becomes illegal in this state is the day I head north. I'll disband my business and say goodbye to this waste of a state.
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    It is sad when you go on a hunting site and read this post now , these cut by the gov. have been out at least a couple weeks, and there has been no real discussion, even if you don't hunt pheasants our fish for trout as a CT SPORTSMAN you should be more concerned what this state wants to take from us and not that the cost of a duck stamp has gone up or a DU raffle
    thanks for the help, hope to see you in the blind

Images
    This being on Malloy's table even though it is a self sustaining program is a symptom of the problem.

Consider this, Malloy has overseen this state as one of the worst economys in the country, to now being the worst place to do business and live. He has stated in his attack on our gun rights that he wants to remove guns from CT culture. He repeatedly institutes plans and policies he can't or doesn't know how to pay for. He was recently appointed by Obama as co-chairmen to a 10 governor panel in Washington DC on Homeland security, National Guard, and other related issues. His demographic that actually was the only reason he was re-elected was the urban vote, check the election maps.

This is very brief explanation of what is going on with Malloy. Gun owning hunters are the least of his worries.... we are actually his adversaries.

Images
    his proposed cuts to hatchery and pheasant stocking will just about pay for the jumbo pay raise to UCONN president. sad when the dems use public fund$ to grease each other with political favor$.