Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunday hunting- Deadline for new bills is mid-January 2015

Images
    "DEEP considers a zone overpopulated if it has at least 20 deer per square mile." There is no way 11 out of 13 zones achieve that estimate. January hunting, baiting, and the initial allowed use of crossbows for archers without a disability were also implemented in areas deemed overpopulated by DEEP. It has always been just those two zones that are the point of focus as far as overpopulation goes, and it will not be any different with Sunday hunting. I hope I'm wrong, but that is just my opinion of what we are in for based on what I have seen come out of Hartford for far too long.

6 Point
    The intent of the law is for any overpopulated zone, and legislators are basing their vote on the report I linked stating 11 of 13 zones are overpopulated. If DEEP only chooses zones 11 and 12 then that's a different battle.

The part of the law that bothers me is the premise that hunters should only be allowed to hunt (on Sunday) when they are needed to reduce population. Not for food, recreation, sport, but only when when no other viable option exists...

Images
    If it goes through I sure hope it is for all the "overpopulated" zones, but I'm doubtful of that. I also don't want to see sunday hunting allowed strictly for the purpose of population reduction, that bothers me the most with this.

Sunday hunting is another day for the guy's that work Monday to Friday and can't get the time off during the week, I would like to hunt more than one day week if I can, or if Saturday is raining, it just gives the hard working people another day to hunt

6 Point
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkin View Post
    Sunday hunting is another day for the guy's that work Monday to Friday and can't get the time off during the week, I would like to hunt more than one day week if I can, or if Saturday is raining, it just gives the hard working people another day to hunt

Amen to that. There are less than ten states in the US that prohibit Sunday hunting.

6 Point
    Passed in the house on May 27th 2015

Yea 113
    Nay 32

This bill has died in the Senate for the past 7 or so years by not being called for a vote. NOW is the time to remind your State Senators that you support this bill and to push for it to be voted on.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillsta...ll_num=HB-6034

Use this page to find your Senator and send them a NICE message asking for not only their support on House Bill 6034, but also their support on getting it called for a vote.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/
    Last edited by Bow Hunt CT; 05-28-2015 at 11:44 AM.