Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday hunting- Deadline for new bills is mid-January 2015

Sunday hunting- Deadline for new bills is mid-January 2015

Anyone know if someone is putting up the bill this January. If not, I have a newly elected representative who has expressed some interest.

Images
    Check with DEEP. They've supported and helped draft the last ones so I would expect then to again. Have your trip contrast DEEP directly.
    Visit my BLOG at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com

check out some of my videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/passinthru63

I was just facebooked messaged from one of our local legislators!!! She wrote, "Bill 6034 sunday bow hunting has passed out of committee!
    Bowtech invasion. Port sider. Any ride taking less than 20 mins to the tree stand, perfect! Www.scarritt.com nothing quite like a soak in a hot tub after a bone chilling day in the woods.

6 Point
    I'm glad your following the issue but don't get too excited yet. For @ the last 5 years, if not longer, the bill has been approved by committee, voted YES in the house by an overwhelming majority, and dies in the Senate with more than enough votes to pass because the one person who calls the bills for a vote was against it and refused.

There is a new man in charge this year, unfortunately as far as I've heard he has historically been against it as well.

So I'm pessimistically optimistic this year if that makes sense...

It would be nice if they passed the bill. It would be nice if they included Turkey archery hunting as well. Sigh.......

Images
    The current proposed bill only allows sunday hunting in areas deemed overpopulated with deer, aka 11 and 12. Sunday hunting should be an opportunity for all, not just a tool for population control in certain areas.

The key word you said was tool, and tools are the ones making the decisions in Hartford
    "When it comes your time to die, sing your death song and die like a hero going home." Tecumseh

Hey man, I like tools, Craftsman, ChannelLocks, Milwaukee, ViseGrips are some of my favorites!

Images
    They aren't good enough to be tools. He meant screws and nuts... Useless screws and nuts lost in the bottom of the drawer that serve no purpose for any project whatsoever.

But seriously... What a ridiculous amendment to this bill. It's going to be awesome when zones 11 and 12 get flooded by "out of zoners" every Sunday during season ... "Hey, where'd all the deer go?" Unintended consequences...

These damn politicians couldn't find a snowball in a blizzard... Why the heck do we still allow them to manage wildlife?? Worthless.
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

6 Point
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlyadam View Post
    The current proposed bill only allows sunday hunting in areas deemed overpopulated with deer, aka 11 and 12. Sunday hunting should be an opportunity for all, not just a tool for population control in certain areas.
    Not exactly....

Here is the bill and the reports from OLR and OFA the last section explains overpopulated zones...

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2015/FC/2015HB...R000576-FC.htm

"DEEP has identified 13 deer management zones throughout the state, and currently estimates that 11 of the zones are overpopulated. DEEP considers a zone overpopulated if it has at least 20 deer per square mile."

Not that I don't agree with you, just wanted to address the misinformation about only being zones 11 and 12.