Thread: NEED HELP! filming coyote hunting- will pay $

NEED HELP! filming coyote hunting- will pay $

Hi guys,I know very little about hunting, but am producing a student film over at Wesleyan University that requires a scene of coyote hunting. If we can just get a live coyote on camera, we will be very happy.So if you were already planning on taking advantage of coyote season and shooting some of those pesky animals, please get in contact with me! Number 315-368-7084 email tbasskrueger@wesleyan.edu. We'll give you a reasonable stipend, and your coyote hunt will be immortalized on 16mm film. We were hoping to do this on the 15th and 16th, but really, whenever works for you.

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    And what are your goals for this film? Wildlife Conservation or Animal Rights Propaganda?
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

Also hunting is closed in Connecticut on Sundays so the 16th would be out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are serious get in contact with the DEEP. I'm sure they would be more than happy to educate you folks on the coyote, show you live den sites, get some live video, ect. On top of that, I'm sure they would do it for free as part of their duty to educating the public. Not to mention educating you young folks on the value of managing the population of these animals and why that's important to the ecosystem of CT.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TooManyHobbies View Post
    And what are your goals for this film? Wildlife Conservation or Animal Rights Propaganda?
    ^^^this

although 315 area code is upstate NY....

Button Buck
    If you're looking for B-roll, there are stock companies and even YouTube that could serve your purposes. I did this stuff for a living, and I'll tell you that posting random requests on a forum comes off as a bit weird, especially when you don't outline what you plan to do with the video. "A student film" is simply not enough information. The DEEP is far better of a contact than posting on a forum, and you should know that if you are being taught by someone knowledgeable in media.

I think Wesleyan says it all.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie-Louie View Post
    I think Wesleyan says it all.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Images
    Thought it important to note that a simple Google search shows that HSUS has a foot in the door at Wesleyan. Also take a look at the course titles offered under their "Animal Studies" program... It quickly becomes obvious what the intentions of this program are... I find it amusing that there appears to be no field time or time in the woods involved in this program.

Wesleyan is also host to the "Animals & Society Institute" ... Here's the stated mission on the homepage:

"We support practices to address the relation between animal cruelty and other violence; develop knowledge in the field of human animal studies; and promote action to protect animals through the adoption of compassionate public policy."

I'm not insinuating that this brand new forum member is involved in any of this nor am I making any assumptions. But this needed to be posted.
    Licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator
    www.PAWServicesCT.com

Button Buck
    I have one degree from UNH and one from Yale...and even I find this suspicious. No decent media student would request B-roll on a forum.