Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Designated Deer Bowhunting Only Area - Mansfield Hollow Lake

Thanks. Yeah I know that the hunting area map and the area list in the back of the guide list which seasons are applicable to each area. I guess I'm just looking for Econn to say "even though hunting spring turkey with a bow is a legal means of harvesting a bird in Spring Turkey Hunting Areas, if the area specifically calls out that spring Turkey is not open in an area you still cannot bow hunt them there in the spring." Or vice versa. Its just an oversight because spring turkey is not divided into firearms and archery seasons like fall turkey is so if DEEP were to make an area spring Turkey yes you would legally be able to firearms hunt there which is not what they want in those areas. Sorry if this being under the Mansfield Bow Hunting thread has confused anyone, I'm talking about places that only allow archery hunting (deer archery, fall turkey archery, small game archery, etc.).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallard870 View Post
    Thanks. Yeah I know that the hunting area map and the area list in the back of the guide list which seasons are applicable to each area. I guess I'm just looking for Econn to say "even though hunting spring turkey with a bow is a legal means of harvesting a bird in Spring Turkey Hunting Areas, if the area specifically calls out that spring Turkey is not open in an area you still cannot bow hunt them there in the spring." Or vice versa. Its just an oversight because spring turkey is not divided into firearms and archery seasons like fall turkey is so if DEEP were to make an area spring Turkey yes you would legally be able to firearms hunt there which is not what they want in those areas. Sorry if this being under the Mansfield Bow Hunting thread has confused anyone, I'm talking about places that only allow archery hunting (deer archery, fall turkey archery, small game archery, etc.).
    If I'm not mistaken this is the area you are talking about and the interactive map of hunting areas says (Spring Turkey NO) Only deer bowhunting only in that area!
    Why It isn't open to hunting spring turkey with the bow, or all small game with the bow doesn't really make sense!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deepcallin; 05-02-2017 at 11:57 PM.