Thread: In need of new areas aroubd Danbury ct to hunt waterfowl.

Banned

In need of new areas aroubd Danbury ct to hunt waterfowl.

Yes i know of all the obvious places like pootatuck or pagguset.. ive been hunting east swamp in bethel with some success but was curious about hunting ridgefields great swamp? has anyone hunted duck there ive herd of mallards being there when it floods and same as geese. But if there is any smaller hunting grounds or swamps people tend to not like to hunt i would love some advice where they might be sort of located?

Great swamp may be OK.. don't know.. but do check the field guide and see if it is even open to gun hunting. East swamp may soon be closed to guns too because of how the condos are built up top of the cliff now make nearly all of East Swamp within the 500' rule.

Banned
    Ya ive did research everything lower greatswamp is ok for gun. higher portion is strickly deer bow hunting. Yes those condos are right there but i allways just hike deeper in there if you call it deep lol..bethel is such a tight spot. which is why i really dont like to hunt it but its right near i live and ive had succuess hunting there but would like couple newer spots to try out.