Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heading to UCONN, looking to keep hunting this fall!Any help Appreciated!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post
    Welcome

As Mtn_Infantry says - use caution - I believe UCONN has a strict no firearms on campus policy (regardless of permit status)

again - Welcome.
    All educational institutions especially ones publicly funded will in CT, some private schools might not but highly doubt it. UConn has a no weapons policy to include pocket knives and other "tools" and some police officers will make a big del about it and refer you to community standards .... don't ask how I know
    When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home

14 pointer Feed Mo Champion Quinnsolo12's Avatar
    Images
    Hey Chris,

Fellow Uconn student. Sent u a pm.
    To succeed where others fail, go where others fail to go.

Thanks for all the support and quick replies!

I'm not going to take chances with the campus firearms policy so all of my firearms will be used and kept strictly off campus. Best to be safe than sorry.

I arrive on campus the 18th so I may need some more help after that but Mansfield Hollows seems very promising to start with.

Again, thanks to everyone for helping a newbie to Connecticut keep on doing what he loves to do. There's a reason I got out of MA for school and that CT is my favorite state. This forum sums it up.

Images
    Just send the PMs when you need a hand or have a question
    When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home

Hi everyone, I'm also going to UConn this year. I never thought I'd find a post like this on CTHS but here it is.

I actually found this thread through google while searching terms like "uconn weapons policy" and stuff like that. Quite frankly I found a lot of people saying even tiny knives were not allowed, but also THIS discussion on carrying, where they hash out the fact that
    a) it's not a school zone
    b) there's no STATE law saying you can't have firearms/carry there
    c) cite a past president's statement saying visitors will be asked to leave if found with a legal weapon
    d) students and employees seem to be explicitly banned from having firearms in the "community code"

I do NOT know if they are actually correct but they seem to have rather in-depth knowledge of the laws.

Personally, I'm really only concerned with having my bow in my trunk while parked on campus. If anyone has any insight on this I'd be glad to hear it, via PM or otherwise. I'm figuring even a muzzleloader in my vehicle would be over the line, so I'll be sticking to bow.

I may drop some of you students/employees/alums a PM, hope to see you around and happy hunting!
    First year of bowhunting deer! Wish me luck.

I live 5 miles from UConn with my gran parents lots of deer around here also lots of hunters which makes it tough to get a private permit. We are lucky and have excess to about 1500 ac,s some of it is loaded with deer and coyotes. Good luck .

Images
    Don't risk it find somewhere to store it. A tiny pocket knife i a violation of the student code of conduct. Cops can get involved and so will community standards feel free to PM me if you'd like information on this.