Thread: Need help with license/permits!!!

Need help with license/permits!!!

IMG_20140407_152436_430.jpgHi guys, just completed my hunting courses for both gun and archery. I just need some help unders5anding how to get started in this sport! Any help is much appreciated.
    I went to town hall today to get my licenses and ended up spending 120$ it was 80 for firearm and fishing and 40 for archery for small game/deer. I just need to know what else I have to get and or what this covers me for. I'm going to try to post a pic of the sheet I got and maybe someone can tell me what I actually have to still buy in order to hun spring turkey public land and fall deer both. Thanks

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Welcome to the site. Looks like you're all set. You have spring turkey with your firearms SS lic., but since you purchased your archery lic. too, you can shoot your turkeys with either gun or bow.
    You will still need state land turkey tags if you plan on hunting state land, but if you have private land to hunt, you can take three birds with either weapon.
    Deer season, you're good to go too. Four tags for achery (unlimited if in zones 11-12, just check in deer and replace tag) state land or private. Muzzleloader deer (2), shotgun/rifle (2). All small game except pheasants and waterfowl, tags and stamps needed for them. All waters fishing. Good luck and post pics.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

I would suggest picking up the 2014 hunting and trapping guide and read through it a few times. Keep it next the commode. I bet most everyone here does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help. I have the guide and have been looking over it like crazy I'm just a little fuzzy on the license permits we need and which ones actually came with the license I bought. The fact that it showed the tags for the archery license messed me up a bit because it doesn't show the number of tags I have for anything else, it doesn't say spring turkey - 2 turkeys, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Images
    They couldn't possible put everything on that list as some zones have different restrictions and additions so use the guide to figure it out based on the zone you are hunting.

The SS firearms license you bought doesn't allow State land deer or state land spring turkey, only private land Deer S&R, Muzz and Spring turkey.

Just use the guide and read up on the actual permits, as you purchased some permits as part of the Firearms SS license.

Private land Deer S&R - 2 deer - 1 anterless only - Read zone information as different zones had different limits
    Private land Deer Muzz - 2 deer - 1 anterless only - Read zone information as different zones had different limits
    Private land Spring Turkey - 3 bearded birds

Archery Licesnes comes with archery deer permits -2 Antlerless, 2 either sex (used for both Private and state land - the entire state) & t tags for January 2014 season in Zone 11&12 which are no good now.

You do NOT have any state land permits on your license so you will need to buy the following to hunt state land:

State land S&R- 1 deer - You need to apply for a permit zone (good only in that zone), or hunt on a non permit zone (good for all non permit zones), also this permit is either for A season or B season, you can't purchase both.
    State land Muzz - 1 deer - good anywhere that allows deer hunting with Muzz.
    State land Spring turkey - 2 bearded birds - Can be used with shotgun or Archery

Fall firearms turkey is another permit(s) you need to purchase for Firearms has a State & Private permit and fall archery has a separate permit.

It's really not confusing if you remember your license itself is different then permits. Your license only allows you certain things, while permits/stamps are required for deer, turkey,Pheasant and waterfowl.

Hope this helps!
    Jim
    Visit my BLOG at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com

check out some of my videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/passinthru63

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by b_maffucci View Post
    Thanks for the help. I have the guide and have been looking over it like crazy I'm just a little fuzzy on the license permits we need and which ones actually came with the license I bought. The fact that it showed the tags for the archery license messed me up a bit because it doesn't show the number of tags I have for anything else, it doesn't say spring turkey - 2 turkeys, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [/QUOTE]

It took me a while to figure it out as well. Keep a guide in the truck for the questions that pop up when hunting.

As usual, Jim nailed it.

Bob
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire