Thread: Browning Maxus Semi-Auto Shotgun

Images

Browning Maxus Semi-Auto Shotgun

Browning recently unveiled a new gas-operated semi-automatic shotgun for 2009, the Maxus, which is designed to work well with heavy and light loads, reduce recoil and shoot cleaner.

The new Power Drive Gas System on the Maxus features a new gas piston design that has larger exhaust ports to dump gases faster on heavy loads. An all new patented, enclosed seal design keeps residue out of the action for cleaner operation. The piston has a 20 percent longer stroke travel to be even more reliable with light loads.

Recoil is dampened with Browning’s new Inflex Technology recoil pad, which is more than just a mass of recoil material; it has been engineered with directional deflection to pull the comb down and away from the face of the shooter with every shot for even greater comfort and faster follow-up shooting.

In addition, the Maxus uses a new speed-loading system, as well as a speed unloading feature, which allows the magazine to be unloaded without having to cycle and chamber each shell with the bolt handle.

The Maxus also features a new turkey magazine plug that makes removing the plug simple by using any vehicle key. Combined with the Speed Lock System, the magazine plug can be removed from the Maxus in mere seconds.

The autoloader will only be offered in 12 gauge with 3-inch and 3 ˝-inch models. The receiver is made of strong, lightweight aluminum alloy. The barrels have a lightweight profile design with flat ventilated rib. The composite stock has a close radius pistol grip with textured gripping and Browning’s proven Dura-Touch Armor Coating for a sure hold in all weather conditions. Average weight on the new Maxus is just less than 7 pounds.

The Maxus will retail for a suggested $1,199 in the basic black, 3-inch model, with camo and 3 ˝-inch versions costing more.

For more information on Browning products, please visit http://www.browning.com.
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

Images

Someday...

Someday I'll get an autoloader...someday I'll get an autoloader...Someday I'll...

CT SwampHunter
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer44 View Post
    Someday I'll get an autoloader...someday I'll get an autoloader...Someday I'll...
    I know the feeling.

14 pointer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer44 View Post
    I would wait awhile to see how things go. ...... Remember who got elected???
    Kenny

Images
    Wonder if its better to buy one before they make it illegal to buty an auto.