Thread: The woods sound off...

The woods sound off...

I'm pretty sick and tired and discussed about the filth we have to deal with everyday. Seems like everyday there is some sick demented event that mankind created and we all have to be subjected to it. So.....I'm tired of this garbage, this thread is about how we feel about the woods. Its a refreshing conversation about what we all, as hunters, get to enjoy about the world as we know it. Sound off

The forest is simple and pure. No opinions, no lies, no hidden agenda, she does not judge you. She does not care about your age, race, political affiliation, personal opinion, or account balance. She does not speak but if you listen she is telling you something. She does not care if your are sick or healthy. If you are hurt she will help if you know where to look, if you are hungry she will feed you if you if you stay the course. If you take her for granted she'll make sure you regret it. She is pretty and dangerous at the same time. She does not pay it forward, she makes you earn every square inch. She loves you and hates you at the same time. If you are good to her she might be good to you. She doesn't guarantee anything except for what you make out of her. She is there for you but does not care if you don't take advantage. She will love you back or hate you back she has no conscience.

Honestly, I don't think you could sum it all up and word it any better than you already did!
    VERY VERY WELL SAID!

i would enjoy seeing that someplace on the home page!
    " Bowtech RPM 360 70#, Bowtech Invasion 60# Carbon Express Red, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter, Carbon Express F15, GrimReaper SS, Rage Hyperdermic"

"Possum"
    Admin & Gun Nut
    Images
    Indeed, truth to be shared and very well put together, in my opinion.

Spotted Crow was right on here, this is worthy of sharing with everyone who visits our homepage, so, with a little reformatting and punctuation, this is now part of the homepage on CTHS. I am sure Andy will agree, this is an honest and true addition to the message that we want to share and the way most of us feel about the woods.

For me, the woods are one of only 2 places where I feel truly free. The other being when I am on the ocean in my boat. You could replace the word forest with "ocean" and the meaning would stay. Deer hunting season is a special time, one that I miss. Obviously, not because of the deer I harvested (as that was a zero), but because when I am in the woods, most of the time, little else matters and I revel in the simplicity and marvel that is nature.
    Official CTHS Admin & Tech

- Too Many Guns To List
    - Martin Onza III @ 65# - Redhead Kronik XT @ 70#
    - Excalibur Matrix 330 - Darton Terminator (crossbows)
    - Sport Fishing Forums - Fish On
    -
    Crossbow Predators Forums
    - My Blog: Ever The Patriot

Images
    X2 brad's sentiments. i am at peace on the ocean as i am in the forest.

Images
    everyone who visits our homepage, so, with a little reformatting and punctuation, this is now part of the homepage on CTHS. I am sure Andy will agree, this is an honest and true addition to the message that we want to share and the way most of us feel about the woods.]
    I agree 100 percent the homepage says it all .....
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

I couldn't agree more. Went snowshoeing with my wife for almost two hours today. Quiet, peaceful and no people. Perfect!!

8 Point
    Images
    Yes back to the basics of the woods and water. The natural world enjoyed by all, the weak and strong. If you seek you will find it is a open book. You can educate yourself in its never ending cycle to renew itself. No matter how you want to explore the natural world its river, ocean, woods, fields or any creature inhibiting these residences you will have to be an active participant. I have tubed and put on a face mask to see all a river has to offer under the surface. The amount of life under the current and living with and for the trout was amazing. Just seeing it up front and only intending to look for the trout but finding the whole world of the river made me a much better trout man and left me with memories my minds eye can visualize for my entire life.
    You can go into nature as deep as you want or just scratch the surface and still be enlighten. If you want to know more just slow down and get yourself in tune with the surroundings. Only you can put yourself in the right place at the right time. Even if you hire a guide or have a mentor your own actions will determine the out come.

Images
    Well said, everyone. Well said. The Woods, simply put, is where I go to feel at peace. Like many, it's my escape. But it's not an escape from reality, as the notion is so often portrayed. For me, it's an escape to reality. When I'm alone in the woods I have time to contemplate my words, actions and ideas. It's a review, essentially, of how I carry myself through this life. To comprehend what we experience in our lives is exceedingly difficult given all the distractions we face. For me, the woods enables an important tool ... contemplation by solitude. Generally, I'd say this is something many of us experience while alone in the woods. For most of us these moments of review are subconscious. Sure one may go through the basic motions of hunting or fishing or trapping or any number of things, but when it comes down to it, when you're alone in the woods, peering into one small corner of the sheer and utter brilliance of mother nature, how important is this moment? In my eyes it's one of the most important moments I am afforded during my time in this place. The woods is certainly revered for it's beauty, tranquility and awe-inspiring power. In my experience, no where else on this earth is able to give me such feelings of joy, elation and peace. With that, the woods must also be respected. Not only for what it is capable of doing. But for what it has already done.

Here is a panorama of the sunrise this morning. It was 8 degrees then. Not a sound to be heard. Not a person to be seen. Fresh fallen powder. Checked my traps then hit the woods for two hours to hunt for antler sheds. Pure bliss on a cold, calm Sunday morning.

photo.jpg
    Last edited by WoodsmanA; 01-26-2014 at 03:52 PM.