Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: bigoutdoors journal

Super Moderator/ CTHS Supportor BigOutdoors's Avatar
    andy,not really,i just put on a good show,lol

cal45,you can do more than dig holes,lol,i was rakeing leaves with it,lol,not really.i ripped out a bunch of brush,and wild rose bushes and cleaned up a old barn foundation,spread out some topsoil,made the yard alittle bigger

Images
    Next year you'll have her driving a dump truck. Great pictures for when she's your age.
    Sportsmen will change the future.
    www.BigBearWildlifeControl.org
    Be Green,Buy Fur!

LOL,yep, i just might.she is a country girl for sure!!!!

second day

well it the end of day 2,the score is my friends 3 me 0..openning day 2 of my friends score 2 buck within 50 dys of each other,1 was a 3 point,the other was a fork horn.we believe they are from the same family,since the racks we almost identical

and today my friend wildbill scored a nice 8 point,best rack he has ever got

tommorrow i am changing locations,i have been in this stand for over 20 years and always seen deer,even if i couldn't get a shot,this year nothing,the deer pattern has drasticly changed.its going feel weird in a differnt spot

you will be up there next! keep at it

Images
    Great to see Bill get a nice deer. Your up next, good luck on the season.
    Be Green,Buy Fur!

day 3 and 4

on friday i went up closer to where the deer seemed to be moveing,i left my stand where it was and elected to hunt from the ground.sat from 530 till noon.didnt see anything and there were no shots around.from there i went to my private land,i pull up park next to thier garage get out and get my gear on,i spot a doe in a blowdown watching me get dressed.she didnt hang around too long.so i was up in the air,where to go on sat.

on sat. i decieded to go to state,planning on other to be in on the private land pieces and state .i also gave my stand a try again(old habits are hard to kill).i get there a 530 am sure enough another hunter pulls in.we talk alittle ,he asked where i was going and i told him,and he knew where my stand was, he told me had friends comming in from 2 other directions.wished him luck and we parted ways.around 7 the first shots rang out in the area,so i steped up my alert.nothing about 730 i heard some noise,couldnt tell if it was a flock of birds,the birch leaves ,or what,i am looking at the leaves to see if they were moveing,nothinga few min later i get a text from a friend that was sitting above me,a buck was chasing 3 does,right after that i see him,i had no shot just too far in the cover.i watched him move along the base of the hill knowing that my friend should get a shot,sure enough a soon as he got out of sight from me heard the shot.them the does showed up,in the same location,but they were moveing towards me.it seemed like an hour ,but it probebly lasted 10-15 min,i watched them poke along looking around,they stayed just inside the heavy cover,so i am looking for holes that i could get a shot.i find some,the first hole i missed the oppertunity,so i pick them back up, waiting for the next hole.she walks right int it,i shoot,they run off.so i sit and wait for about 10 min,text my friend to see what he got,he told me a nice tree,i get out go to the spot to see if i had any bllod,or hair,i looke fo 15 mins and found 2 saplings one i hit first about 3 ft up,the other about 15 ft behind it about 6 inches off the ground,this was about 20 in front of where the deer was,back in the stand i go,kinda dissapointed since this was the first deer i shot at in 3 years.i was in my stand fro about 15 mins,i spot another,this one is crossing where i come up in my stand,she stops on the open,a 40 yd shot,i am thinking this couldnt get any better,i shoot,she turns make 2 bounds and stops,not knowing where the shot came from,still have a good shot,i take another.in short,i shot at her 4 times,and watched her walk away,i sat ther wondering what just happed,is it me,the gun,who knows,i get out and look for 45 mins,nothing,i get back up.totaly discuraged,not knowing where the problem is.i spit out the nicotine lozenge,and grab a smoke.i didnt light it yet and i see 2 more come from behind me just milling around,i watch them had no shot,they were not big.they kept looking around so i was looking also,but didnt see anything,after 15 min past i lite the smoke i had,since the wind was blowing into my face,watching them.i picked out wich one i wanted,so it was a sit and wait game,another 15 min past,them boom,my buddy shoot,i hear it crashing down the hill,when i turned i could see it comming and drop.my two just looked up and went back to eating.i texted my buddy not to come down,i didnt want to screw thin one up.then finally they started to move around,i has some good openning,the one i wanted walked into one of them and stopped.i took my time,,talking to myself to sqeeze,i shoot,and watched him go down.bingo!!FIRST ONE DOWN I THREE YEARS.so it was me not the gun,i must have been rushing the shot
    a nice little button.my buddy got a nice doe,he also had his rangefinder with hin and checked my shot,i did think it was that far,but a 89 yd shot

Last edited by BigOutdoors; 11-18-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Images
    Congrads. The skunk is off.
    Be Green,Buy Fur!

well i am just about ready to rock for wensday .got one more stand to put up today.got two weeks off this year.so i dont have to rush.yesterday i set the stand up on state land.when we got there there was a pickup parked,.thinking it was a bow hunter,we went in quiet as possible.when we got to the edge of the field,we saw orange,they were just walking around.looking at the ground.so i thought the stuck one and was looking for blood.as we got closer to them.i noticed they didnt have bows,but shotguns,they havent stocked birds there in over 10 years.as we got even closer to them we said hi,no reply,they just moved away from us.seemed very strange.i said hi,how you doing,louder,still nothing in return.they just started to walk away and was heading out.so we guessed that they were deer hunting illegaly.so from now on if i dont know whos car/truck it is i am takeing pics of it wth the licence plate