Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nye Holman State Forest range

Nye Holman State Forest range

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot, if not just let me know and I'll delete it.

Is the range in Nye Holman State Forest still operational?? The info I've found on it is outdated and its not exactly close to me so I'd like to get info before I make the drive. If its not, are there any other parks that allow target shooting? Thanks!

They still allow bow target shooting there don't know if there are any targets there Andy might know.

Images
    I haven't been to the bow area at Nye Holman or seen it while hunting there. A little close to you is Center Sports in Columbia. They have an indoor range you can use for a small fee. Bill the operator is a great guy and will let you test different bows and set-ups.
    When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home

Forkhorn
    Images
    if you are asking about a gun range, i dont think there is one at nye holeman. the old black knights archery course is there and kept up by the boy scouts i believe. it has the practice butt and 14 or 15 targets on the course which are all new bag targets. i practice there quite a bit.

Yes I'm looking for bow shooting and that's great news! My husband and I will have to check it out. As for indoor, we went to Hall's Arrows in Manchester and really liked it but I will look into Center Sports as well. Thanks!

Try going to local 3d shoots too. You'll meet the hunting community as well as get really good at true life hunting scenarios. Also, we have open shoots in our yards periodically and invite the entire forum (even though only 5 or 6 show up). They are fun events and there's generally dinner, bonfires, etc...

Images
    Center sports is a great place to go Bill is a super guy just tell him you know Andy then your in trouble LOL Billy and i have been friends for years i bought alot of stuff there.

The range at Nye Holman was set up by a eagle scout years ago Cthuntingnshooting.com had a shoot there a few years ago it was a great time by all.
    I have not been back to the range in a few years i could go check it out its only 5 miles from my house..
    I will post back once i get down there to check it out .
    Shoot a Coyote save a Fawn

Images
    Stop by Andover Archery _ Mark and Gary Hall - as well. They have outdoor targets including 3d targets.
    Visit my BLOG at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com

check out some of my videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/passinthru63

I'm so glad I found this forum! Everyone is super helpful! I will be checking out all these places and I'm gonna be taking my son so he can try out some things so he can get his first bow. Thank y'all so much!

Super Moderator/CTHS Supporter Space Invaders Champion, Breakout Champion, Turbocharged Penguins! Champion StoneCrusher's Avatar
    Images
    I prefer outdoor target shooting. Center Sports is sufficient for indoors, but I would rather shoot at andover which is outdoors and has elevated platforms and animal targets in a wooded setting. Nye Holman was a fun place as you walk through from target to target, but I don't know the condition of the targets.