Thread: REQUIREMENT For ALL Firearms for Sale/Trade

"Possum"
    Admin & Gun Nut
    Images

REQUIREMENT For ALL Firearms for Sale/Trade

In order to ensure we cover the needs to CTHuntingNShooting.com, as of this writing, October 28, 2012, the following disclaimer will need to be posted for ANY firearm sale or trade.

Please add this to the bottom of your Classified Ad post whenever a firearm is being offered up for sale or trade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Legal compliance attestation:

By placing a classified ad for the sale or trade of a firearm on CTHuntingNShooting.com, I hereby attest that I will comply with all Federal and State Laws. For face-to-face firearms sale transactions (permitted by Federal law, ONLY when both buyer and seller live in same state), I will comply with all applicable state and federal laws. In CT, the transfer MUST be facilitated via a FFL dealer and NICS background check performed. The FFL dealer will charge a fee for this, currently $20.

When any other regulated items (ammunition, magazines, etc... in some states) are sold/bought or traded via CTHuntingNShooting.com, I will follow all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.

This sale is not associated to CTHuntingNShooting.com, in any way, and is solely a private transaction between the selling party and the buyer. It is incumbent upon both parties to absolutely ensure that all applicable laws are followed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there are any questions, please let Andy, myself or any moderator know via PM.

Thank you!

<09/01/2014> Updated language, a minor edit, and addition.
    Last edited by Brad; 09-01-2014 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Minor editing and addition

"Possum"
    Admin & Gun Nut
    Images
    The following items CANNOT be listed for sale on CTHuntingNShooting.com, as we are a CT based organization, and the new laws on multiple portions of this are now in effect, as of 12:15 PM on 4/4/2013.

• AR-15 Rifles
    • AR-15 Parts, of any type (we are being very conservative here, as the laws are more than gray on some points).
    • Any firearm that is qualified as an Assault Weapon under the new Connecticut law
    • Any Magazine where capacity exceeds 10 rounds
    • Any firearm with a fixed or removable magazine that exceeds 10 rounds (e.g. Glock 19, Springfield XD 9mm, etc...). If it only has a 10 round magazine with it, then it would be OK, as many of the Glocks, for example, have 10 round magazines available.

Also, be aware, ALL firearms transactions of long guns now MUST go through a FFL dealer for the NICS background check. This is the law.
    Official CTHS Admin & Tech

- Too Many Guns To List
    - Bowflex Carbon Knight @ 70# - Martin Onza III @ 65# - Redhead Kronik XT @ 70#
    - Excalibur Matrix 330 - Darton Terminator (crossbows)
    - Sport Fishing Forums - Fish On
    -
    Crossbow Predators Forums

"Possum"
    Admin & Gun Nut
    Images

This is required!!

I am beginning to see a firearms posted for sale without the REQUIRED COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER. I added it to 3 posts just today.

Moving forward, if the REQUIRED disclaimer is not present (copy/paste form the top of this thread), the Classified Ad will be REMOVED.

This state's (CT) laws are arcane at best, and with all the gun grabbing legislation and paranoia, you must comply with this.
    Official CTHS Admin & Tech

- Too Many Guns To List
    - Bowflex Carbon Knight @ 70# - Martin Onza III @ 65# - Redhead Kronik XT @ 70#
    - Excalibur Matrix 330 - Darton Terminator (crossbows)
    - Sport Fishing Forums - Fish On
    -
    Crossbow Predators Forums