Thread: Treestand Safety Course

CTHS Supportor Horizontal Hunter's Avatar
    Images

Treestand Safety Course

My dad saw "his" neurosurgeon yesterday and the neurosurgeon said that he can always tell when hunting season is coming as he starts getting the hunters in who fell out of treestands. He said that he got his first one in last week so I thought I would post this as a reminder.

Bob

HUNTERcourse.com, HE Tools™ and TMA (The Treestand Manufacturers Association) have teamed up to provide you with a free Treestand Safety Course online. This course is based on TMA's latest treestand safety standards and guidelines. Treestand safety has evolved over the years as new research and statistics have become available. What were once considered to be 'safe' treestand safety practices ten years ago are simply not considered 'safe' today.

http://www.huntercourse.com/treestandsafety/
    Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
    Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire

Images
    everyone could use a refresher I'm sure. Complacency is what gets us. Be safe everyone.
    Visit my BLOG at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com

check out some of my videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/passinthru63

Images
    Just wondering about the online course and bow hunter safety courses in general.
    It's been 30 yrs since I took my bow hunters course and back then they didn't teach treestand safety in the course.
    So now a days, do they teach treestand saftey as part of any course / anywhere?
    If they don't, must you pass a treestand course as part of your requirements now to get your license?

The reasons I ask is my son needs to take the bow safety course to obtain his license in 2013.

I recently took my bow hunter course and it was covered. They didn't spend a lot of time on it but enough to get you thinking about a plan and practice safety.

Images
    Ok good, as long as it's covered and you don't have to take a separate course.

Also, got me thinking, since it was never discussed years ago in my course and my son needs to take the course, would most course givers allow a "sit in member" just to freshin up?

Treestand Safety Course

When I took my course back in June we had a few parents just sitting with their child that was taking the course.
    I believe you could email the lead instructor and ask upon signing up.

Images
    LOL my child is 25 yrs old, but your right doesn't hurt to ask. And if they say no, then what the hell I'll just fall out of my stand and blame them....no? Just kiddin

Images
    No problem sitting in. The issue with numbers for us instructors us just managing the number of people and materials. If you don't have to take the course then sitting in is no problem. We spend a good chunk of time on it I'm my classes .

Visit my BLOG at: www.passinthruoutdoors.blogspot.com

check out some of my videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/passinthru63