Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Squirrel hunt ct

I love to squirrel hunt. I used to give them to this old guy in town but he's gone now so I don't shoot them unless I have somebody to give them to. I don't want to just leave them there. I've had plenty of them bark at me in tree stands over the years. I use an old lever 22 Marlin 39a with Remington subsonics. They are not nearly as loud as a regular 22 but still have plenty of smack. I've taken my limit many times with that gun. Scout for places they live as you can see by the hardwoods and the mess they leave behind with their nut shells. Go in before sunrise and sit quiet. After 30 minutes or more they will start moving. I have a spot I've been hunting for years. I found an old milk crate about 10 years ago on the walk in and brought that to my spot. Been sitting on it every year since. Last year I just sat in there and watched them. Maybe I'll find another old guy to give them too and I can start hunting them again

small game

Quote Originally Posted by Spotted Crow View Post
    there are a few guys on here who do! I have not yet, but there are a ton where I hunt. One day I will get past it and eat one! Everyone says they are good. Maybe the next meet and greet some one will make some!
    hello Spotted Crow, [ like the name] Just joined and started to read stories. you mentioned that their are alot
    of Squrrels were you hunt. Could you mention the area. I use to go hunting every day when i was a kid,Righe
    on the farm we had.now 65, Grand parents sold, and also i stopped hunting because i started my own
    business.I went out a few times and only saw 1 squrrel. some geese on the lake, but only 1 squrrel and 2 doves
    on the wires,your not suppose to shoot doves in ct any more.
    And another thing is i bought a hi powered pellet rifle. Thought i would try that,seemed fun watching some of the
    vid on utube.I have many rifles and shot guns,12 gages now, dont care for the other,I remember when i was a
    kid ,i was taking a crap and a rabbit came out in front of me and I shot at it with my 22 / 410 over and under and
    missed it, I couldn't believe it, I hated that 410,. and i bent it around a tree then an their. Still laugh about it.
    so that is why i just use 12/s. I got expert badge in the army.
    So let us know were those little guys are.
    tks
    J0hnny

they are all over everywhere i hunt deer. never around if i try to hunt squirrels though! east lyme, old lyme, salem, hebron.

Squirrel hunt ct

Mike come hunting with me ill show you tree rats!
    -Nock Solid Crew

westsidearcher,
    Being that you are in the Danbury area,have you tried Pootatuck or Wooster MT?? I don't think that East Swamp in Bethel holds much promise for squirrel though.

Top Dog

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    Top Dog, this thread is five years old, and Westside hasn't been on in 3 1\2 yrs.
    NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.

TooManyHobbies,
    I,obviously,am new to the forum. Thank you for the information.

Top Dog

Super Moderator Deadeye Logun S16 Champion, Backyard Shootout Champion TooManyHobbies's Avatar
    Images
    No problem Top, just didn't want you to be waiting for a response from him. lol. it could be a while.

NOBODY EVER SHOT BAMBI....they shot his momma.